Sign in with
Your question

Write to & from?

Last response: in Storage
September 26, 2010 11:53:01 PM

Hi All i'm having a few issues recording with Fraps on WoW i have 2 velociraptors in raid0 and while recording i have dips in FPS from 60fps to hang at 2fps occasionally. To attempt to solve this i bought a 60gb OCZ SSD. So that I wouldn't have to read and write to the same locations at the same time. My question is how should i set this up. should i write my videos to the SSD or install my windows on the SSD and play from it and record on the raid0?

I am trying to get the smoothest action and best possible FPS while recording. Raid0 almost does it except for the occasional lag spikes where it hangs at 2fps.

Let me know your opinions they're much appreciated.

Thanks all!

More about : write

a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 93 G Storage
September 27, 2010 5:05:11 PM

What operating system are you using? Also what are your system specs, overall? Last, are you using updated drivers for all major components, including your motherboard chipset? Please clarify and I am sure someone will be able to assist.
m
l
September 27, 2010 5:39:58 PM

I'm Sorry i should have posted that stuff earlier. here there are.

OS-Win7 64 bit

mobo- Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3...Latest drivers installed and bios F8

CPU- Core i5 760 OC'd to 3.4ghz

Video Card- Nvidia gtx 470 with latest drivers

HDD- 2x Velociraptor (WD3000HLFS) in raid 0 config.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 93 G Storage
September 27, 2010 5:45:00 PM

You should install Win7 and apps to the SSD and then use your HDDs (RAID) for files/docs/less demanding apps.
m
l
September 28, 2010 2:20:51 PM

Thanks for the advice. I was leaning that way, but didn't want to go through anymore trial and error swapping things back and forth, now tahnks to you i wont have to unless im just realy unhappy with performance for some reason.

Thanks again.
m
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 93 G Storage
September 29, 2010 12:56:16 PM

You are welcome. Good luck!
m
l
!