Sign in with
Your question

Biostar TA785G3 mobo and Phenom II X6 1090T CPU

Last response: in Overclocking
October 18, 2010 9:27:59 PM

Hi, answer as many as you like. I know that some of these questions may be better suited for a different part of the forum. All of these questions pertain to my ability to overclock properly on the BIOS and AMD Overdrive

1) On this board, one of my fans is plugged into teh system fan connector. Is that connector what it is for? I ask because I am not sure if there is a different connector that may or may not be included on the board.

2) The mobo is a T-Series. It is supposed to show many different features in the BIOS; some of them aren't there and "T-Series" is not showing at the top of the menu. Is the p-state control the correct place to raise the multiplier? I tried a .5 increase with no voltage change and it wouldn't even load the BIOS. I thought that the multiplier change at that low of a level would not require a voltage change just yet.

3) Can't find the C1E in BIOS.

4) There is no reading for the CPU fan in the Green Power Utility program and the Hardware Monitor starts with the warning, "Check CPU Fan". The fan is running fine. One time the machine crashed with no overclock about 20 minutes into the Windows session. The CPU and mobo are brand new, but according to some monitoring programs, the CPU stays consistently around 32 deg. celcius in single threaded activity (just a browser, email, and a few folders open), so the CPU fan must be doing its job.

5) AMD Overdrive shows only 2 cores, yet turbo control shows 6. Windows shows 6 cores, but msconfig shows only 2 cores. In msconfig, I'm supposed to be able to change the number of cores to what I want for when Windows loads. CPU driver on the Biostar website is not compatible with Windows 7 and there is no ability to change that compatibility on the properties screen. I downloaded and installed the newest chipset driver from the Biostar website.
October 18, 2010 9:49:24 PM

btw, Hardware Monitor is missing pl.png, too
m
l
!