Sign in with
Your question

Connecting 295gtx to soundblaster x-fi fatal1ty.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 2, 2009 10:41:37 PM

I have built a new system and plan to connect my Zotac 295gtx to my Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty, with the internal SDIF connector, so I can transmit audio through the HDMI connector to my TV.

Has anyone else tried this, I am asking for any help as there seems to be no reference to this on the net, theres no mention of it in the graphics or sound card documentation.

Which 2 pins on the sound card do I connect it to?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
April 3, 2009 2:51:17 AM

I have the same setup! EVGA GTX 295 and XFi Fatlity Pro, I have NOT tried to connect the audio cable as I don't have a Blu-Ray drive.
I have wondered this too and the only answer I have come across is that you can connect it to the motherboard's audio solution (if it has one, and there is an SPDIF 2 pin connector). I know for SURE that it will work as I read about it here on Toms!
Nevertheless I never came across a solution for connecting it to a XFI.

Sorry I could not help more!
m
l
April 3, 2009 3:33:53 AM

Question is do you not have a good surround sound system or good computer speakers? Speakers on tv's really are not that great. You will get much better sound out of pc speakers or surround sound system.
m
l
April 3, 2009 10:19:51 PM

chef7734 said:
Question is do you not have a good surround sound system or good computer speakers? Speakers on tv's really are not that great. You will get much better sound out of pc speakers or surround sound system.

i want the sound to come through tv with the picture when im watching tv shows/vids on my tv.
m
l
!