Sign in with
Your question

Connecting 295gtx to soundblaster x-fi fatal1ty.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 2, 2009 10:41:37 PM

I have built a new system and plan to connect my Zotac 295gtx to my Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty, with the internal SDIF connector, so I can transmit audio through the HDMI connector to my TV.

Has anyone else tried this, I am asking for any help as there seems to be no reference to this on the net, theres no mention of it in the graphics or sound card documentation.

Which 2 pins on the sound card do I connect it to?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
April 3, 2009 2:51:17 AM

I have the same setup! EVGA GTX 295 and XFi Fatlity Pro, I have NOT tried to connect the audio cable as I don't have a Blu-Ray drive.
I have wondered this too and the only answer I have come across is that you can connect it to the motherboard's audio solution (if it has one, and there is an SPDIF 2 pin connector). I know for SURE that it will work as I read about it here on Toms!
Nevertheless I never came across a solution for connecting it to a XFI.

Sorry I could not help more!
April 3, 2009 3:33:53 AM

Question is do you not have a good surround sound system or good computer speakers? Speakers on tv's really are not that great. You will get much better sound out of pc speakers or surround sound system.
April 3, 2009 10:19:51 PM

chef7734 said:
Question is do you not have a good surround sound system or good computer speakers? Speakers on tv's really are not that great. You will get much better sound out of pc speakers or surround sound system.

i want the sound to come through tv with the picture when im watching tv shows/vids on my tv.
!