SSD and Acronis

Solution
Agree with randomizer.
Add to his list. AHCI driver required for trim, may or may not be mode of HDD. Also some of the higher performance SSDs using the SF1200 Controller require the Intel AHCI controller (Ver 9) to achieve rated specs for seq reads/writes. This can only be installed during installation. Ex Gskill Pheonix pro. works Good with generic usoft AHCI controll, but Seq and 512k read/writes are much lower than specs. Bought this drive and did a Clone from my Intel SSD, Will do a clean instal when I get around to it.
Agree with randomizer.
Add to his list. AHCI driver required for trim, may or may not be mode of HDD. Also some of the higher performance SSDs using the SF1200 Controller require the Intel AHCI controller (Ver 9) to achieve rated specs for seq reads/writes. This can only be installed during installation. Ex Gskill Pheonix pro. works Good with generic usoft AHCI controll, but Seq and 512k read/writes are much lower than specs. Bought this drive and did a Clone from my Intel SSD, Will do a clean instal when I get around to it.

Solution

scroll

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

Is this the drver you mentioned?: INTEL S5500 based sever AHCI SATA Storage Driver for windows, version 9.6.4.1.002. I have no idea how to, as you say, “This can only be installed during installation”.

I have purchased an OCZ Agility 60 GB SSD which I believe has the Sandforce controller.

Visiting the Intel site I found the above mentioned driver, I also starting reading their instructions as to installation. This was a long list including a rather lengthy, ‘what to do BEFORE installation’. I gave up at this point. I think this is all beyond my ability.

Which MB do you have?

Here is a link to the Intel RST driver I referenced for Download and and what chipsets it supports.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18859

Here is a link to the 64 Bit "F6" driver you would need during the install process for win 7.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18861&lang=eng

The How to is fairly straight forward.

(1) Put the Floopy files on a Thumbdrive NOTE Have to UNZIP first.
(2) Do a custom install.
(3) Select the "Partition/select partition" during the install.
(4) In that panel will be a little check box, for Installing HDD drivers. Check it
(5) It will then ask where drivers are located, browse to the thumb drive.
(6) complete installation of win 7, When win 7 installation is completed then you can download the Main RST driver (My first Link) click on the Main RST driver an let it install, can be done before win updates or after win does it's update thing.

If you have a server MB, then CHECK to verify your chipset is listed!!! also make sure you down load 64 bit for Win 7 64 Bit, OR 32 Bit for win7 32 bit

scroll

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010