How to delete characters from the harddrive?

Where are the character information for the characters kept ie which
file are they in when you install the sims 2 and the sims 2
university. Just I was having a crash problem and one of the problems
is a skin I am using for a character and I was wondering if I could
delete them manually from my harddrive?

On 11 Mar 2005 15:31:56 -0800, eve_l83@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>Where are the character information for the characters kept ie which
>file are they in when you install the sims 2 and the sims 2
>university. Just I was having a crash problem and one of the problems
>is a skin I am using for a character and I was wondering if I could
>delete them manually from my harddrive?

The problem is figuring out their name. But I'm sure there's a program
that can open and let you see them. SimPE perhaps?

The character packages (each package is a character) are located in

X:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
2\Neighborhoods\NEIGHBOURHOODNUMBER\Characters

Where X is the drive your windows documents are located on. Usually C,
your name is your windows profile name, or the profile the game was
installed on, and neighbourhood number will be something like N003
etc. you can usually tell which neighbourhood is which by for instance
looking at the storytelling folder or the .png photos in the
neighbourhood root directory.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:30:43 GMT, Guardian Pegasus posted to alt.games.the-
sims:

> X:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> 2\Neighborhoods\NEIGHBOURHOODNUMBER\Characters
>
> Where X is the drive your windows documents are located on. Usually C,
> your name is your windows profile name, or the profile the game was

Note that you can change the location of your "My Documents" folder from
the default to any folder or drive you'd like by right clicking on the My
Documents icon on the desktop, selecting Properties, then clicking the
"Move..." button and selecting another folder and/or drive.

XP of course (and maybe 2000, I don't remember anymore).

--
Before you judge someone always walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you do judge them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.