Windows Messenger (.NET Messenger)

I have a new DELL computer that I just began working on seriously and now I
discovered that every time I get online there is a ".NET Messenger" icon
running in my System Tray! I have tried to get rid of it but it keeps coming
back!

How do I purge this thing permanently? I have gone to the Control Panel,
Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components and unchecked the box for
it... but it refuses to go away!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

--
DWK
Simi Valley

    Hello
    Open it and go to Tools>Options then set it not to start on startup

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus
    "Dave. W. Kugelstadt" <bddwk@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I have a new DELL computer that I just began working on seriously and now
    > discovered that every time I get online there is a ".NET Messenger" icon
    > running in my System Tray! I have tried to get rid of it but it keeps
    coming
    > back!
    >
    > How do I purge this thing permanently? I have gone to the Control Panel,
    > Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components and unchecked the box
    for
    > it... but it refuses to go away!!
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > DWK
    > Simi Valley
    > CA
    > USA

    I just checked again and... there is NO SUCH OPTION!

    But thanks anyway.

    "Haus" <youknow@iwillslapyou> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > Open it and go to Tools>Options then set it not to start on startup
    >
    > --
    > Hope This Helps
    > Haus
    > Not a MS-MVP
    > Not a MVP
    > Not nothing, just a good ole boy.
    > "Dave. W. Kugelstadt" <bddwk@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > I have a new DELL computer that I just began working on seriously and
    now
    > > discovered that every time I get online there is a ".NET Messenger" icon
    > > running in my System Tray! I have tried to get rid of it but it keeps
    > coming
    > > back!
    > >
    > > How do I purge this thing permanently? I have gone to the Control Panel,
    > > Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components and unchecked the box
    > for
    > > it... but it refuses to go away!!
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated!
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > --
    > > DWK
    > > Simi Valley
    > > CA
    > > USA

Configuration Messenger Microsoft Windows XP