2x 64gb vs 1x 128gb ssd

Tags:
  • SSD
  • NAS / RAID
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
September 28, 2010 1:23:48 AM

Hey guys i plan to buy ssds and was wondering what the best setup would be. I only need 120gb or so for the OS apps and games because i have 2x 1TB samsung f3's for storage.

Would 2x 64gbs in raid0 be a better setup than 1x 128gb? How bout 3x 40gb in raid?

Also which ssds are the best for the given setup? Was eyeing the kingston 64gb ones..

Thanks!

More about : 64gb 128gb ssd

a b G Storage
September 28, 2010 5:09:17 AM

xcel_jkl said:
Hey guys i plan to buy ssds and was wondering what the best setup would be. I only need 120gb or so for the OS apps and games because i have 2x 1TB samsung f3's for storage.

Would 2x 64gbs in raid0 be a better setup than 1x 128gb? How bout 3x 40gb in raid?

Also which ssds are the best for the given setup? Was eyeing the kingston 64gb ones..

Thanks!

Currently at this very moment the best option would be the single 128 Gb HDD. A couple reasons.

1) RAID increases your chances of drive failure obviously
2) TRIM isn't currently supported for SSDs in RAID, which means you're drives performance will degrade faster and will stay degraded.

Assuming that you're running a Motherboard w/ SATA 3 gb/s ports this is the drive I would recommend....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you're running w/ SATA 6 gb/s then I would wait for more options to come out.
m
l
!