Best GTX460 settings for Hawk edition in MSI Afterburner

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Hi everybody, looking for help, wich would be the best MSI settings for a MSI Hawk edition?

Seems I bite marketing since I cannot go beyond 900mhz/2100mhz altough it was campaign marketed as 1st 1ghz stable. I cannot go even close to reviewers (guru3d @ 952mhz, 1st tech powered up @ 940mhz, even NewEgg reviewer @ 932mhz), mine keeps crashing drivers at 906mhz. Maxed MSI settings: Vcore, Vmemory, aux voltage.

Thank you for your reply.

Current settings

Core i3 530 @ 4.4ghz
Ga-H55m-usb3
GTX 460 Hawk @ 900mhz
Corsair HX650w

One quick question, is it possible my PSU is stopping the OC to the Vcard??? or is it big enough to load it???

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
You should overclock each thing one at a time if you don't already know. Set everything back to default and work the gpu to the highest stable setting, then shaders, then memory. Make sure you setup a fan profile, those cards run hot and will be hotter when overclocked.

Also just because someone else got a particular overclock, doesn't we all can get the same, every video card is a little different.

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Ok, I should start from zero, MSI has a lock for Core and shaders, according to your recomendation, how could I be able to OC them independently??

Thank you.

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
You unlock them and slowly increase the core speed then test for stability and heat. Rinse and repeat until you find the max stable frequency. Once the core is overclocked, move on to the shaders and employ the same method. then memory, you get the idea.