Has anyone modified this? [S2]

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Has anyone created a hack that changes the frequency at which Sims get
sick? (I know someone created one for the frequent cooking fires, for
example.) This is one of my biggest peeves in the game: Sims catch
colds at the drop of a hat, and then also seem to "get better" randomly
too. I used to coddle them when they got sick, fearing they would die
easily as they did in Sims 1, but I now let them do whatever they want,
and I've not had one die on me. At the same time, I'm really sick of
the coughing and hacking, as well as the messages that stream down the
right side of the screen when it's a big family: "Joe Blow is sick with
a cold......" "Mary Blow is sick with a cold....." "Timmy Blow is sick
with a cold....." "Nellie Blow is sick with a cold....." "Justin Blow is
sick with a cold....." "Rufus Blow is sick with a cold....." "Shania
Blow is sick with a cold...."

Grrr....

--
--Cuth
10 answers Last reply
More about modified this
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Has anyone created a hack that changes the frequency at which Sims
    get
    > sick? (I know someone created one for the frequent cooking fires,
    for
    > example.) This is one of my biggest peeves in the game: Sims catch
    > colds at the drop of a hat, and then also seem to "get better"
    > randomly too.
    <snip>

    I think they actually only get sick when they touch roaches. Or have
    roaches around. However, they are contagius, so if one sim is sick,
    they spread it real easy.

    And to have them get better, just have them relax in bed. That seems
    to do it.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1135cgf90esm8ea@news.supernews.com...
    > >
    > I think they actually only get sick when they touch roaches. Or have
    > roaches around. However, they are contagius, so if one sim is sick,
    > they spread it real easy.
    >
    > And to have them get better, just have them relax in bed. That seems
    > to do it.
    >
    I am prety sure they get sick from more than roaches as they get more than
    one disease. I know I have no roaches now and a few of my Sims came down
    with the cold. Of course they do go to work so who knows.

    I don't find mine get sick much though. Certainly not enough to use a hack.
    I just isolate the sick sim and have them rest and no one else gets sick.

    Gareeth
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:55:00 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >right side of the screen when it's a big family: "Joe Blow is sick with
    >a cold......" "Mary Blow is sick with a cold....." "Timmy Blow is sick
    >with a cold....." "Nellie Blow is sick with a cold....." "Justin Blow is

    You have to keep the garbage piles off the floor, it attracts roaches.
    Keep an eye on the garbage can outside from time to time, and when the
    little video-in-screen appears that shows a green stinky garbage pile,
    go to it immediatly and sanitize it, find the roaches, and have your
    sims spray them. My sims hardly ever get sick... however I believe
    colds and flus etc. are contagious as well, so once one sim gets
    sick... well, isolate them as much as possible. Put them in their
    room, remove the door etc. Have sims cook for them and place the food
    in their rooms.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:55:00 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Has anyone created a hack that changes the frequency at which Sims get
    >sick? (I know someone created one for the frequent cooking fires, for
    >example.) This is one of my biggest peeves in the game: Sims catch
    >colds at the drop of a hat, and then also seem to "get better" randomly
    >too. I used to coddle them when they got sick, fearing they would die
    >easily as they did in Sims 1, but I now let them do whatever they want,
    >and I've not had one die on me. At the same time, I'm really sick of
    >the coughing and hacking, as well as the messages that stream down the
    >right side of the screen when it's a big family: "Joe Blow is sick with
    >a cold......" "Mary Blow is sick with a cold....." "Timmy Blow is sick
    >with a cold....." "Nellie Blow is sick with a cold....." "Justin Blow is
    >sick with a cold....." "Rufus Blow is sick with a cold....." "Shania
    >Blow is sick with a cold...."

    Wow, I've never yet had a Sim get sick. 'Course, I haven't played a
    whole lot, but certainly at least ten days in the Goth house and a few
    days in some other houses.

    BW
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone created a hack that changes the frequency at which Sims
    >
    > get
    >
    >>sick? (I know someone created one for the frequent cooking fires,
    >
    > for
    >
    >>example.) This is one of my biggest peeves in the game: Sims catch
    >>colds at the drop of a hat, and then also seem to "get better"
    >>randomly too.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > I think they actually only get sick when they touch roaches. Or have
    > roaches around.

    Absolutely not true.

    > And to have them get better, just have them relax in bed. That seems
    > to do it.

    You can't read very well, can you?

    --
    --Cuth
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    > Wow, I've never yet had a Sim get sick. 'Course, I haven't played a
    > whole lot, but certainly at least ten days in the Goth house and a few
    > days in some other houses.

    I seem to have a "round robin" contamination going. Especially when
    Sims go to public lots and meet other Sims. Then they *both* start
    coughing and then the next time I go to that other Sim's house,
    *they're* sick, and they spread it to their companions.....

    --
    --Cuth
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:43:31 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I seem to have a "round robin" contamination going. Especially when
    >Sims go to public lots and meet other Sims. Then they *both* start
    >coughing and then the next time I go to that other Sim's house,
    >*they're* sick, and they spread it to their companions.....

    Yep, yep, you must isolate them as quickly as possible, except if they
    have food poisoning, which is obviously not contagious.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:04:02 -0500, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    >Wow, I've never yet had a Sim get sick. 'Course, I haven't played a
    >whole lot, but certainly at least ten days in the Goth house and a few
    >days in some other houses.

    They don't get sick very often. On average I'd guess my sims get sick
    perhaps once every 50 days I play. Most of my sims go through their
    entire lives, never catching a cold, hehe.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:04:02 -0500, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Wow, I've never yet had a Sim get sick. 'Course, I haven't played a
    >>whole lot, but certainly at least ten days in the Goth house and a few
    >>days in some other houses.
    >
    >
    > They don't get sick very often. On average I'd guess my sims get sick
    > perhaps once every 50 days I play. Most of my sims go through their
    > entire lives, never catching a cold, hehe.

    Mine get sick on average two or three times per session I play. The
    bigger houses (7-8 Sims) have sick people all the time, in rotation.

    --
    --Cuth
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:15:26 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Mine get sick on average two or three times per session I play. The
    >bigger houses (7-8 Sims) have sick people all the time, in rotation.

    That's sick! <sic>
Ask a new question

Read More

Sims Games Video Games