jdigital1983

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
My problem is that the psu and gpus aren't getting enough air flow.The gpu heat is being passed through the psu and the air comming out of the back of the psu is very warm. what do you recommend to do to help the air flow.there is a fan on the side of the case blowing air in. maybe i should turn it around if possible but then theres no air going onto the gpu. what do i do to fix this problem

tecmo34

Administrator
My question would be... what are your temperatures reading on your GPU? Based on your Member Configuration, your temps are acceptable. If they are acceptable, than there is nothing to worry about. You want hot air being blown out the back... better than staying in the case.

If you temps aren't good... three quick suggestions.

1.) Use EVGA's Precision tool to manually set your GPU fan speed to 80% or so. I did that on my first slot EVGA 260 Core 216 and got about a 10 degree temp. drop at idle and load. Now both cards run at the same temp.

2.) Remove all of your un-used expansion slot covers to allow more air to flow out the back.

3.) Depending on where you have your HDD's in the case... I would recommend moving them so the front fan blows air in to the GPU's without hitting the HDD. Based on your case, I would say install the HDD's in the bottom section of the case.

Always check your cable management to make sure your cables are not blocking your air flow, that is why it is always good if possible to run them behind the MOBO tray.

shubham1401

Distinguished
I suggest you two things .try any of these:
1.buy some case fans and mount them .some blowing the air in and some out.
Install a fan right below the psu(If your case has space there to mount).
2.Just open the side lid of your cabinet and relax.Let it be open all the time.
See whether temps are better than before.

Gryphyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I'd be more worried if the air was cool! Since it is warm, that means it is expelling heat, which is a good thing. So, like Temco34 says, don't be worried just about hot air, check the temperatures of your components. If they're okay, then everything is working the way it should.

jdigital1983

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009

everything is setup like you said, but i haven't removed any extra expassion covers. GOOD Idea I will try that.(yes my temps are on the dot accurate.)

jdigital1983

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Can the power supply overheat though draw all that extra heat through it and out the back? the bottom of the case is like a small heater you can feel the heat emitting 6 inches always. normal?