[Help Please] Unmountable Boot Volume Issue + Other Problems

Hello, I would appreciate any help you could offer me on my tech issues concerning my desktop computer.

I have a Dell System DV501
Bios Version: A04

Anyway, getting the BSOD is not new for me. Many, many, many times in the past, I have been able to fix it with with the powers of Google and random clacking of keys.

However this time, whenever I try and boot from my Windows XP CD, it doesn't work. A green light blinks for a while, the CD spins around for a while and ultimately, I end up with a "Selected boot device not available." The CDs do work. I have tested them on another laptop.

When I think back, Earlier I tried to watch something on a CD, that CD didn't work either (back from when this computer was still functioning properly).

I have tried to create a bootable USB drive via "WinToFlash" but that has not worked out well either.

So I am just wondering, do any of you have any tips or ideas that I can try out?

Thank you for any help you can offer me and I know that this question is REALLY ridiculously long but I wanted to give you as much info and content possible. :]
2 answers Last reply
More about help please unmountable boot volume issue problems
  1. Replace the CD drive, boot from the Windows XP CD and run chkdsk until there are no errors.
  2. Hmm, thanks for the suggestion. I kind of figured that I would have to end up replacing the CDROM drive... but I was hoping that I could fix this problem on my own but alright. Thanks again. :]
Ask a new question

Read More

Boot CD-Rom Windows XP