What to do with my quad core

after playing around for a few weeks, i havnt found much that pushes the envelope on my q9300 @ 3.4... even fsx is smooth as butter. (gta4 wont work on even the highest f***ing specs so dont bs with that lol) what can i do to push this cpu. i want to see what it can do. any programs/ quad core optimized games????
11 answers Last reply
More about what quad core
  1. Well thats the truth about quad core CPUs. Most users don't really need it.

Best scenario for you is to get 3Dmark Vantage and/or 3Dmark06. Both benches will have you trying to eek out that last little performance boost from your CPU, GPU and memory, for a few more points.

Alternately you could Fold with 2 cores while you do daily stuff with the other 2.
  2. ryanb213 said:
    after playing around for a few weeks, i havnt found much that pushes the envelope on my q9300 @ 3.4... even fsx is smooth as butter. (gta4 wont work on even the highest f***ing specs so dont bs with that lol) what can i do to push this cpu. i want to see what it can do. any programs/ quad core optimized games????

Use something like Nero to encode a shedload of DVD's?
  3. FSX, Crysis.
  4. ryanb213 said:

:pfff:

"The Core 2 Quad Q9300 is not a native quad-core like AMD’s Phenom processor,
    but rather is two dual-cores connected under a single heat spreader - a multi-chip module."

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rid=154367
  5. what in the hell does that have to do with anything?
  6. Hmm, lets play a little game...

Question 1: Does it fit in one socket? Yes.

Question 2: Does it have 4 physical cores? Yes.

Guess what tool? ITS A QUAD CORE!
  7. ryanb213 said:

Try some video enconding. Downlioad a ridicolous high quality movie (60GB for 1h 30 min) and encoded in something with lower quality. It should use 4 cores. :bounce:

PL
  8. I just read his link; It is a good review of the 9300. lmao
  9. Rendering in 3ds max is the only thing I have that will max my Phenom, otherwise I've never hit 100% cpu usage. I also find todays processors far more powerful than what I need, I keep mine downclocked unless I'm playing a game or rendering.
  10. B-Unit said:
    Hmm, lets play a little game...

Question 1: Does it fit in one socket? Yes.

Question 2: Does it have 4 physical cores? Yes.

Guess what tool? ITS A QUAD CORE!

Isn't the upcoming AMD "Magny Cours" MCM? If so, then Enny needs to find a new nitpick - his current "doublecheeseburger" one is getting stale :D.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Core