Do ASUS M2N68 PLUS Motherboard have a PCI-Ex16 2.0 slot??

saib1

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
hey guys.. m goin to build a new pc this month in which ma main concern will b graphics card, processor & ram... so dats y i have chosen a budget motherboard i.e Asus M2N68 Plus Motherboard as its support a nice AMD Phenom II x2 550 3.10 GHZ processor & also 8 GB RAM support...
but ma main concern these days is its PCI-EX x16 Slot coz m gonna plug-in Radeon HD 4850 1 GB graphics card.. which requires a PCI- ex x16 2.0 slot...
so dats y i want to find out whether dat motherboard have one or not...!!
m have searched from last few days on the net regardin this topic.. but unable to get any help or response from anywhere.. so finally i have came here to get sm help from the experts out here...
so plzzzzzzzz tell me as early as possible regardin the version of the pci-ex x16 slot (i.e 2.0 or below it ) in this motherboard so dat i can look forward to any other one if i get an unfavorable answer...
n also i knw dat Asus M2N68-AM Plus is havin a pci-ex x16 2.0 slot.. bt dun knw whether itll support dat AMD Phenom II x2 processor or nt.. n how much will b the difference in price between the 2...!!!?? :heink: :heink: :heink:
so i request all the experts n the experience holders out there.. i need a serious help now in dis stuff also as early as early.. coz its a question of life n dead now.. coz ma dad will screw me away if they saw me roamin here n there unsatisfied after makin a CPU on ma conditions.. sooo plzzzz help me out...!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

though the board you chose does support the Athlon II's though you might have to buy an older processor as well to make sure you can update the bios to a new version

i think the slot is pci-e v1.1 x16, though the cards and slots are all backwards compatible so it doesn't matter too much (unless using one of the dual cards aka 4870X2 as you would actually need the bandwidth)

saib1

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
ok guys... finally i found Gigabyte GA-M720-US3 Motherboard with AM3 socket support @ 5200/2000 MT/s FSB with PCI-Ex x16 2.0 slot & nvidia 720D chipset with no onboard graphics(on board graphics are usless for me as m goin to plug a graphics card)..
so ma question is-
1. will it support AMD Phenom II x2 550 3.1GHz nicely (it shud be as it is written there in this "overview" section dat- "This motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 4+1 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenom™II series processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending....")??
2. wat will be its price whether itll b in ma budget or not...??(indian currency will b favourable..)
so plzzzz help me again abt this last & final option...!!!