Built My Own - No Video or BIOS

G

I recently used the US 725$ Budget Cheap build to build my own computer. Using the same exact specs except for a 500w power supply Antec instead of the 350w.

Problem is that during startup, my computer doesnt have any video feed. I've tried an old 6800 GT graphics card and no help either.

I dont get a BIOS message or anything.

My graphics card has a red light at the D601 light - Brand new card.

I get 4 phase lights going from green to red on my motherboard

All fans are spinning except for my CPU fan.

Any help?

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
Double check your power connections. Make sure the ATX connector is completely inserted into the board, make sure the P4 connector is also plugged in.

Double check that the CPU fan cable is plugged into the correct power connector on the mobo and securely connected.

When ever a new build fails to post always chase your wires and check your connections.

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
^ +1 I had the exact same problem 2 days ago except my CPU fan spun.

Beware. Switch your rig off immediately. Running the CPU without a fan could fry it.
Also, try connecting directly to the output in the mobo. If it still doesn't work, try giving slight taps near the VGA port in the mobo with the rig and the monitor on.

Ah, the old if don't work, beat on till it does method. Personally, it's not the best way to troubleshoot a problem, you could break something and cause more problems. Really, really, really bad advice here dude.

Check all your connections, sounds to me like you simply don't have everything plugged into the proper places.
Make sure you used the correct number of standoffs, and they are in right place so the board is not shorting to the case.
Do you have a case speaker? If so, are you getting any beeps?
Very, very doubtful the video card has anything to do with this, your problem is with wiring, connections, or board mounting, or you may have gotten a bad motherboard.

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Really, really, really bad advice here dude.

Not really. I don't mean him to hit it with a hammer. I had all my connections secure and still no display. Maybe he accidentally displaced some connection in the mobo. Perhaps while installing the HSF. You just tap with your finger to make sure any loose connections get back into place. worked for me. Beats having a rig with no video anyway.

In the end, you said the same thing.

you may have gotten a bad motherboard.