Cannot delete file after cut paste

shira

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
hi guys' to start, my OS is windows xp sp2.. i have 2 HD connected which is 4 partition in total.. now my problem is when i try to cut and then paste any file on my drive C it will get corrupted.. when i try to delete it, cannot delete (name file):access denied.. but when i try to cut from my other partitions and paste it on C theres no problem.. and also CHKDSK has problem "cannot open volume for direct acces.. BTW i dont have spyware doctor.. ive search for many answers and i believe u guys can help me.. thannks in andvance ^_^

shira

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

yes.. when i cut the file on my drive C.. and paste it also on C it gets corupted.. example a .avi file.. i cant watch it.. mp3 cant play it.. MS word. i can't open it.. now when iwant to delete it.. it will say access denied.. i really dont know whats happening.. here's what ive done..

1) system restore..
2) windows repair (nothing was changed)
3)system recovery using ( chkdsk /p) for the purpose of my fail CHCDSK "cannot open volume for direct access".
4)in safe mode
a) tried to delete
b) scan with my avira, superantispyware, trojan remover, clean with CCleaner, WinAso..
5) i tried owning the file.. like creeating new administrator profile..

i forgot the other methods that i used while searching the net..
i dont want to reformat..
thanks for the reply
i really nid your help....

shira

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

thank you for the reply..

i tried pasting it everywhere.. whether on the desktop.. into my documents.. anywhere it gets corupted.. but only on my drive C.. i can cut and paste it from D to C or vice versa with no problem. and to other partition.. only in C to C where my OS is.. and yes i can open open every folder i have exept after i cut and and paste it.. i can't.. even a single file i cant cut and paste worrying that i cant delete it..

thank you again...

shira

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

yes sir everything works fine.. but with the same problem with after cutting and paste resulting into corrupt file or folder..

I can only assume the file you're cutting and pasting is itself corrupt. Copy this post by highlighting it and pressing Control and C then open Notepad from your Accessories menu and use Control and V to put the text into a Notepad document. From the File menu, choose SaveAs and call it test. Cut and paste that file in to another folder and see if that folder becomes corrupt - if it does I see no other way out of this than to reinstall XP completely.

shira

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

OMG saga sorry for my dumbness!! the problem is with my desktop.. cutting and pasting on my desktop will get corrupted.. but the issue of CHKDSK ( cannot open volume for direct access) still exist.. but when i cut from D, E, F, partition to my desktop.. i can easily delete it and view it.... i think folder lock software is the culprit of all of this.. i uninstalled it already... BTW saga how do i +rep you? thanks for the help and pls reply again from this..

my desktop is full of files now that i cant delete.. ooh man.. u think its a virus?

Chkdsk can't normally check the OS drive while it's mounted and should ask if you want it to check the disk on next reboot. Answer yes to this and reboot your computer. Chkdsk will run before windows fully loads up. You may want to use the chkdsk /f option.