Creating a bootable USB flash drive help?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I am trying to create a bootable USB flash drive so I may flash my graphics cards BIOS in DOS, I have downloaded HP's USB Disk Storage Format Tool V2.2.3 and am stuck when it states, "Specify The Location of DOS System Files". There is only My Desktop, My Computer, Local Disk (C:) ect...

I would appreciate anyone's help!

Thank you, Systemlord. :)

lihuahellen

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

The HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool was developed to be a Windows-based format utility for the HP Drive Key or DiskOnKey USB 2.0 device.
• Allows creation of a FAT32 volume larger than 32 GB.
• Fixes installation issue where installation process stopped after the earlier version of software was uninstalled and the new software was not automatically installed. The installation process now restarts automatically to install .

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

I fail to see how this helps me create a bootable USB drive, my flash drive is only a 512MB. There's nothing automatic about this tool, it doesn't select the DOS file that you need that I don't have.

metallica435435

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Did you end up using the HP tool to make it bootable? Or did you use something else like grub4inst. I'm also trying to make a bootable drive and cant seem to figure it out. Got it working on the grub4inst but its not working on all my machines so I was going to try the HP tool