Sign in with
Your question

Now you can even overclock your phone!

Last response: in Overclocking
October 25, 2010 11:02:28 AM

http://www.gsmarena.com/$1_app_overclocks_droid_x_and_droid_2_processors_to_13ghz-news-2021.php

There are lots of downsides in overclocking the phone I think.But its good to know that it can be done.

More about : overclock phone

a b K Overclocking
October 25, 2010 2:04:09 PM

I overclocked my iphone to 5ghz on air. It works so well Steve Jobs got pissed and came to my house and threw a punch.

Seriously, why would you need or want to overclock your phone?
m
l
October 25, 2010 9:57:25 PM

Tamz_msc said:
http://www.gsmarena.com/$1_app_overclocks_droid_x_and_droid_2_processors_to_13ghz-news-2021.php

There are lots of downsides in overclocking the phone I think.But its good to know that it can be done.

One its not something i would ever try, because you really have no control over what happens. BUT....I say awesome if it works. After all why overclock a pc...you want more speed, so if u can make ur phone quicker too y not if you dont mind the risk.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
October 25, 2010 10:02:23 PM

^ I understand what your saying, but I don't look for speed with my phone, I have my computer for that.
m
l
October 26, 2010 2:38:58 AM

I like faster speed with every electronic device whether it be my computer, phone, or hell even the loading times on my xbox. I wish it was ALL faster.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 26, 2010 1:49:41 PM

^ I agree, but I think good smart phones are fast enough to do what they need to do. It's not like they're crunching bio lab numbers, or anything like that.
m
l
a c 100 K Overclocking
October 26, 2010 2:30:48 PM

Nah, I wish my iPhone 3GS was faster. Loading up games or large apps takes a bit of waiting, would be great if it was snappier. That said, I wouldn't do this. Rather wait till next gen phones come out (well, that and wait till my contract is up)
m
l
!