oneshot524

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
I bought a PC from cyber power pc 18 months ago. OK here goes, the PC was running fine the other morning. I shut it down and went out. Came home ,tuned it on, noting on the monitor and the power button on the monitor starts blinking like the it does when the PC is off. Call cyber power, they tell me its the graphics card. I take out the HD 2- raptor 10K rpm. have them checked just to make sure they are running. I go to micro center and buy 2 275GTX cards ,realize my power supply is not enough for both cards (toughpower 700watts) so i install one card and a couple of extra fans for cooling. Fire up the PC and get nothing same as before. So now i assume it never was the graphics card. I checked the monitor on my other old PC(it worked) and tried the old monitor on my newer machine no go.
I also noticed that the lights on my Tarantula keyboad are not coming on when i try to boot up.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I'm sure it could be a number of things i guess.
I could use some help before i go back to micro center and dump a crap load more money into this machine to have it diagnosed and repaired
Not sure if this is the right forum ,but i couldn't really find one that matched my situation.

Thanks

Kari

Splendid
so what does it actually do when you turn it on? are fans spinning, HDD light blinking like it's loading up or nothing at all? Anyhow I'd say it is the power supply... Do you have a multimeter so you could measure the voltages from a molex connector?

edit and a properly working 700W toughpower IS enough for 2 gtx275s lol

oneshot524

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
When it was running, you could hear the hard drives winding up. Now i don't hear them loading.
The fans are running, the lights on the case are on, the fan on the graphics card is turning. Like i said i took the HD's out and the guy at micro center said they seemed to be fine without having the whole pc there.BTW its a raid 0 config. another thing i noticed is that on the front of the case there are blue neon lights and faint red lights as well, now i dont see the red lights.I assume they are the lights that show that the hard drives are running. I'm not sure though. I'm far from a PC expert ,but i am very mechanically inclined ,not that helps lol

Kari

Splendid
read this
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/system-wattage.html

and gtx275 uses around 140W at most, so 2 would need 280W, add 65W for dual or 95-130W for quad core cpu, 10W for each drive and 20W for mobo and you are no where near 1000W...
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/bfg-gf-gtx275oc_5.html#sect0

molex is one of those connectors with 4 pins, 1 yellow (12V), 2 black (ground) and 1 red (5V) wires.

edit and you could get 3,3V from a sata power cable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA#Power_supply

oneshot524

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
So based on what i've stated is happening or not happening. What would be guesses as to what is wrong with my machine? I have not had a chance to test mt PSU yet, but what else might it be if it is not the PSU ?

ok i guess no one knows much about this kind of problem,or everyone is out playing in the rain

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009

frus·tra·tion (fr-strshn)
n.
1. a. The act of frustrating or an instance of being frustrated.
b. The state of being frustrated.
2. Something that serves to frustrate.

AC :D

1funnypicturescatisnoth.jpg

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007

This indicates to the people that would normally give you detailed assistance that you do not have the required technical competence to properly troubleshoot your system, take it to a professional, it will save you time, money and frustration. You will also cease to annoy people here with your attitude.

cimtaurus

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Oneshot524 this is the second thread you have started about your issues with this PC. In the last thread you were frustrated and began insulting the members for their advice, and here you are doing the same thing.

You have provided all of one line of useful information about the state of your computer: "Came home ,tuned it on, noting on the monitor and the power button on the monitor starts blinking like the it does when the PC is off."

That could be anything from the graphics card to the RAM. You need to be much more specific about your problem if you expect any type of help. Did you get post tones? Did any of the components power up (hard drives, fans, etc)? Have you tested all of your components in a second PC?

You seem to expect the machine to fix itself or for someone here to magically divine an answer to your dilemma. People who post here are doing so because they want to help, not because they are interested in further frustrating inexperienced PC builders.

Best advice, bring the PC to someone who knows wtf they are doing and never ever ever open the case on your PC again.

+1

oneshot524

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
first off. i was pleasant and was trying to see if people who knew more about this could help me out.
Which is what i thought this forum is about. So if you were highly insulted by my comment "this board is useless " Then apparently you have some deep seeded issues with your uselessness. My comment did not in any way point out any one at all . It was the others who decided to attack me and my intelligence personally. Sorry that i am not a PC geek who knows all there is to know about computers. I would imagine for most people who come on here looking for help , that they are more than likely not computer whizzes either. Which would be exactly the reason they post here. If everyone was a genius with this, there would not be much reason to have forums now would there? So if your insulted please let go of the notion that you are that important .Have a fine day.