Jun 13, 2009
Here's my setup ;
core i7 965 overclock at 4.02 ghz
asus rampage II
CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C9 - DDR3-1600 - 3 x 2GB - XMS - 9-9-9-24
intel ssd 80 gig
xp x64

Now here's my problem:
Im a day trader and there's some type of trade that are relate to the speed of your machine, the fastest make money and the second fastest loose money. Im now the second fastest :ouch: .

The fastest guy ,let's call im Leeroy, is trading at the same office, on the same internet connection and on the same trading platform. Inside our trading program, we have a performance test, that calculate something and give the time the cpu as took to make the test.
Leeroy as core i7 965 stock 3.2 ghz , he's running vista x64, but I dont know his mobo and memory. His result is 0.09 much better than mine 0.15.

When we trade in the same market he always get his trade on and my machine mist.

Here's some result that i get on different clock speed and os.

overclock at 4.02 ghz on XP x64= 0.15
not overclocked at 3.2 ghz on XP x64 = 0.18
not overclocked at 3.2 ghz on vista x64 = 0.20

It look like XP is faster and I get 0.03 better by overclocking.

Here's my questions;

-How can he get a result so much better , witch is more than half mine, if I take the same speed and os. :fou:
-Could it be his mobo or memory ?
- What can I try to improve my speed (result)?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
It most definitely is more about the network then the rest of the hardware. Perhaps look into a "killer nic". Also it pays to know where your computer is on the office network compared to your coworkers. Perhaps you are a node or two farther away, increasing latency.

autoct

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I have a Killer Nic M1, but it's not network problem, there's two test inside the trading program, one for calculation and one that send and cancel 20 order to the exchange, I get about the same as his result for the second test.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

killernic is a waste of dosh. Even two server nics set up as 'teamed' wouldn't help you. Assuming equal hardware, make this test. Do a ping of the url from each machine. Is that the same? Same # of hops? Yes? Do a nslookup of the host name, like tomshardware.com. (not http, or www... just the host name.) Write down the IP. Now go into the 'windows/system32/drivers/etc directory and open up the 'hosts' file. Use notepad. Add your just discovered IP, the host name, and a tag if you want. Just follow the leading readme in the file... Save the file then do a ping. It should be one or more hops shorter as your machine is not now having to do an nslookup to find the IP.

Edit: Forgot to add, insert your intended host above the loopback (127.0.0.1) listing.

Yes. OP's absurdity and conviction are preposterious. OP has a complete lack of rectitude. Unlike this guy.

monkeydump.jpg

OP try shutting down every process other than the program you need.

If you have heaps of other software loaded it will slow things down.

I am trying to take this seriously ... but it is difficult as I want to ROFL.

That's OP. And that too. I've seen you with a couple of beers. One swallow = red face. Second sip = glazed eyes. 1 can = name calling. Second can = gun fight. :lol:

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008

lol i managed to catch the cat ONCE in about ten goes...but not even a well done!!

TRENDING THREADS