ASUS M4A79T Deluxe review or Crosshair III

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • AMD
Last response: in Motherboards
August 25, 2009 9:24:31 AM

Hi All,
I am looking at boards to go with an AMD X4 955 and I am looking at ASUS M4A79T Deluxe review or Crosshair III, anyone have any experience of these boards or have an alternative<
Thanks in advance

More about : asus m4a79t deluxe review crosshair iii

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2009 1:41:18 PM

swj1 said:
Hi All,
I am looking at boards to go with an AMD X4 955 and I am looking at ASUS M4A79T Deluxe review or Crosshair III, anyone have any experience of these boards or have an alternative<
Thanks in advance

What will you be using it for? Please list other components. Also list any future upgrades you may do.
August 25, 2009 4:42:19 PM

hi,
other parts are 500 gig samsung spinpoint hdd, 8800gts and 4 gig of ddr3 powered by a 600w 80% psu. will upgrade gpu next to two ati cards but no more than two may also add another hdd
Related resources
August 30, 2009 5:52:20 AM

swj1 said:
Hi All,
Thanks in advance

I just bought the Crosshair III from newegg. It will be here monday so Ill try to let you know how it is.

I got it over the M4 because it appeared to be better laid out(based on the M4 review, most of the complaints about the layout such as sata orientation appears to be corrected in the Crosshair III). My second reason was because I plan on OCing my other components at some point and it appeared the CIII was the best choice for ease and intuitiveness.

I got the Phenom II 955 BE and 8 gigs of DDR3 1333 as well as 2 ATI 4850 1gb cards so well see how the build goes.

Just as side note that may affect your decision-DDR3 1333 appears to be the crosshair III's preferred speed and it(online manual) stated 1600 can be reached by overclocking. I dont know if its designed to accept native 1600 Ram without OC(easy enough if you already are using ram designed for the higher speed, but still). Might be something to look into because I dont know for sure to be honest. I dont know which speed of ram you were planning on getting so I thought id mention it.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2009 12:03:28 PM

You would be fine with 1600MHz down clocked if looking to OC your system. This will give you wiggle room and plenty of overhead during overclocking if you would decide to. I would start at 1333MHz or lower 1066MHz and move up from there on the 1600MHz ram. Remember on the AM3 Phenom II 955BE after 1333MHz timing is more important than MHz. Sorry about the late response, Had issues with the network. +1 to Bob S and his M/B Suggestion also look at the MSI 790FX-GD770 as i own 2 one with a Phenom II 955BE and the Phenom II 945 and both perform great and OC very well. (955BE @ 4.0GHz and the 945 @ 3.7GHz) Good Luck ;) 
!