TS2: Installing University

Well I just bought University and thought that I would post here before I
install to avoid complications. I've seen several people say that they had
all sorts of problems when, or after installing it. Is there something I
should do before, during, or after the installation, other than defragging
etc.?
12 answers Last reply
More about installing university

    Will Bradshaw wrote:
    > Well I just bought University and thought that I would post here
    > before I install to avoid complications. I've seen several people
    > say that they had all sorts of problems when, or after installing it.
    > Is there something I should do before, during, or after the
    > installation, other than defragging etc.?

    Just thought I'd post my specs, incase they affect anything.

    Athlon XP 1.7GHz
    1GB DDR
    Radeon 9200se 128MB DDR
    MSI k6 delta
    XP Pro SP2

    Take out your Downloads folder (which should remove any hacks or careers you
    have) and remove the no-blur patch if you have one installed. The careers
    seem to be causing the most trouble. People who don't use hacks (like me)
    generally don't seem to have had any trouble installing the EP. Most of the
    people who have complained of problems, as far as I can see, have turned out
    to have one of the above things installed and not removed before
    installation.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Well I just bought University and thought that I would post here before I
    > install to avoid complications. I've seen several people say that they
    had
    > all sorts of problems when, or after installing it. Is there something I
    > should do before, during, or after the installation, other than defragging
    > etc.?

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:44:31 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
    <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >Well I just bought University and thought that I would post here before I
    >install to avoid complications. I've seen several people say that they had
    >all sorts of problems when, or after installing it. Is there something I
    >should do before, during, or after the installation, other than defragging
    >etc.?

    As far as I can gather they all had not *completely* removed hacks
    from their games, or something else was wrong, with the University CDs
    themselves, or their computers. If you've had hacks installed, maybe
    you should run the
    "cleaner program" found on modthesims2.com which purges all non-Maxis
    files.

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:48:24 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
    <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >Athlon XP 1.7GHz
    >1GB DDR
    >Radeon 9200se 128MB DDR
    >MSI k6 delta
    >XP Pro SP2

    Your videocard is really holding you back.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:48:24 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
    > <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Athlon XP 1.7GHz
    >> 1GB DDR
    >> Radeon 9200se 128MB DDR
    >> MSI k6 delta
    >> XP Pro SP2
    >
    > Your videocard is really holding you back.

    Yeah, I know. I saw a nice Radeon x800 AGP 256MB DDR for £350 a few weeks
    ago and wouldn't mind something like that but unfortunately, I'm not that
    rich. I'm thinking of getting an 80GB SATA drive and selling my 40GB IDE as
    it's almost full, so I can't really look into getting a new graphics card at
    the moment.

    Maxon wrote:
    > Take out your Downloads folder

    Well, I've got about 20 skin files and 3 objects (The TV, Radio and Book
    posted by JulyRaine from MTS2) will any of them do anything? Also I read
    that you can't install in the TS2 folder as it screws up the TS2 install...
    Anyone know anything about this?

    > Take out your Downloads folder (which should remove any hacks or careers
    > you
    > have) and remove the no-blur patch if you have one installed. The careers
    > seem to be causing the most trouble. People who don't use hacks (like me)
    > generally don't seem to have had any trouble installing the EP. Most of
    > the
    > people who have complained of problems, as far as I can see, have turned
    > out
    > to have one of the above things installed and not removed before
    > installation.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    Tell him about the clean installer. 8((((
    It hates flowery carpets.

    Granny - glum.

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:18:44 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
    <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >Yeah, I know. I saw a nice Radeon x800 AGP 256MB DDR for £350 a few weeks
    >ago and wouldn't mind something like that but unfortunately, I'm not that
    >rich. I'm thinking of getting an 80GB SATA drive and selling my 40GB IDE as

    How much do you have to burn? There's a norwegian company, the biggest
    parts company in northern europe, who have good stuff at extremely
    competitive prices... www.komplett.co.uk Oh, and you might want to get
    more than 80 gigs... cheapest per gigabyte now I believe is 160gb.

    Yes, it tells you that in the manual (or mini-leaflet thing inside the box)
    on page 3.

    And I'd take out your Downloads folder regardless - just to make sure.

    > Maxon wrote:
    > > Take out your Downloads folder
    >
    > Well, I've got about 20 skin files and 3 objects (The TV, Radio and Book
    > posted by JulyRaine from MTS2) will any of them do anything? Also I read
    > that you can't install in the TS2 folder as it screws up the TS2
    install...
    > Anyone know anything about this?

    Why don't you tell him (sly smile)?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> I'm thinking of getting an 80GB SATA drive

    > www.komplett.co.uk

    Thanks for pointing it out, and yes, their IDE Drives are very cheap, but
    thier SATA drives arn't. My brother www.beasolutions.com has offered me an
    80GB SATA for £50 (£90 on komplett) and I'm kind of obliged to go with him,
    and the price is quite good too. I don't really want to get more than 80GB
    as I just wouldn't use it, of my current 40 I've used 32, and I don't
    struggle to save space, its just that I could do with a bit more, and SATA
    is better than IDE. Also, I'll probably get a new PC in a few years time,
    then I will get more space if I need it.

    > Why don't you tell him (sly smile)?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    I threw a paddy of monumental proportions tonight and deleted every packed
    file, yea, even unto the fishes on the tiles and the dandelions in the
    grass. Just to be on the safe side I then chucked out all my backups, and
    anything that didn't have .bmp after it's name.
    I then emptied the recycle bin, uninstalled the ruddy university and Sims2,
    and bounced up and down a bit uttering bad words.
    Tommorrow I start from absolute scratch. If you can't boolprop it, I don;t
    want it. If it can't be Simpe'd then I won;t touch it.

    I never want to see that cleaner-upper thing again as long as I live.
    I am going away now. I might be gone for some time.

    Granny.

Sims Games Video Games