Have two "default" speakers in Win 7?

StuartB29

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Hi,

Basically I have an external sound card with my surround sound hooked up to that. Is it possible to plug another set of speakers into my computer via the onboard sound card and play sound simultaneously out of the two?

I'm asking as I notice you can only make one playback device your default one.

Akizu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
You can clone audio output from one sound card to another by selecting its stereo mixer as default recording device, and then in its recording device properties, in "listen" tab selecting "listen to this device" and setting playback through the 2nd sound card.

StuartB29

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
I can't buy a headphone splitter because it isn't simple just ONE 3.5mm jack I need to plug in, it is THREE (because of Surround Sound).

And Akizu, I have already done this but sound still only comes out one set of speakers.

I know it's configured correctly because I can "test" the speakers, then sound comes out of them, but under normal usage they only come out one :(

Akizu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I guess my method can clone only 2 channels to the 2nd sound card. I have one 5.1 speaker set and one 2.0 set so I simply plugged 2.0 speakers into rear surround output from 7.1 sound card, but I guess there is no simple way to clone 5.1 output. There might be some app that could be able to pull that off, but none I've heard of.

edit: After some goggling I've found program called "Virtual Audio Cable". It seems to be some bundle of audio management software. It should be capable of cloning output from one card to another using audiorepeater app. I've never used it so I have no idea how it works but it looks to be worth trying out.

TRENDING THREADS