Sign in with
Your question

Would these settings be ok for me? Video enclosed

Last response: in Overclocking
October 26, 2010 2:39:29 AM

Ok Im hoping this can be answered here.
Heres a youtube tutorial with the same mobo. Can I do the same settings? Or would I have to change the memory settings?
I have 12GB DDR3 1600 and I want to achieve what this guy overclocked.
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wWC7XA8Mtk

ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601920

SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

(2) CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D

(2) SAMSUNG EcoGreen F3 HD203WI 2TB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ...
October 28, 2010 5:26:05 AM

ANyone know the answer. Please
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 28, 2010 4:14:43 PM

This is why I hate youtube videos about OC's, makes everyone think they can do it with little knowledge. When you are overclocking keep an eye of the RAM frequency try to keep it at or a little below 1600. Also test your OC with Prime95 too. I would advise against overclocking if you dont know safe voltage ranges for your RAM, CPU, QPI, you are just asking for trouble.

Also rules of the forum do not allow bumping of your own threads.
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2010 4:23:15 PM

Snipergod87 said:
This is why I hate youtube videos about OC's, makes everyone think they can do it with little knowledge. When you are overclocking keep an eye of the RAM frequency try to keep it at or a little below 1600. Also test your OC with Prime95 too. I would advise against overclocking if you dont know safe voltage ranges for your RAM, CPU, QPI, you are just asking for trouble.

Also rules of the forum do not allow bumping of your own threads.

Thank you for responding though. I have been waiting for ANY answer. The reason I want to OC is because I notice that Adobe After Effects is starting to lag. I have stock settings with 12GB and can't believe some of my programs are starting to lag. THanks for the advice. Just need a little bit more info before I try this on my own
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 28, 2010 6:17:13 PM

Overclocking may help with adobe, tis best to do a decent amount of research before you OC though. I didn't full watch his video but a i7-920 @ 3.6 is a pretty easy OC, mind you your CPU may need more or less voltage when overclocking it may not be stable at 3.6Ghz. While I dont have an i7 system the basics for overclocking are pretty much the same, slowly raise your bus speed from 133Mhz, if it becomes unstable add a little voltage, if that doesnt help add a little more, you may need to drop the RAM speed and QPI to make it stable. Theres alot you need to pay attention to when overclocking. That guys guide gives you something to start off on. If you google i7-920 overclocking guide you will find alot and will help you in your research. Good luck overclocking and be safe (with the voltages).

It will probably be alot to take in at first but its well worth reading it up, besides one you know it makes overclocking in the future alot easier.
m
l
!