Antec 900 Case Modding

carpenma

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Ok, so I just received a V8 cooler for my Intel QX9750. I have to take the mobo out to install it, in my case layout that pretty much means taking everything out of the case. With this in mind I decided now would be a good time to do some modding. I have decided to cut a few new wire management holes and paint the bare metal parts of the case. I'm going to add lighting, swap out the fans and make other mods a little later on. My question for the community is, would Orange paint and blue LED fans look screwy? Cause I have a bunch of spray paint colors on hand but the orange and black matches the colors for my robotics team so I was hoping to get away with that. Thanks.

-Matt

xtream_ocer_intel_nvidia

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Well I have a watercooling system and I have blue case fans and anti-kink coils and orange coolant, looks pretty sweet, if you dont want that just go for orange and black, that will look awesome too

carpenma

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Ok, spent all of last weekend disassembling my comp, painting it and reassembling. Here are a few pic's:

Before the mod
DSC00137.JPG

Empty Case

DSC00141.JPG

Completely Bare Bones
DSC00147.JPG

All primed and ready to paint
DSC00150.JPG

Crazy bright orange

DSC00153.JPG

Another View
DSC00155.JPG

A poor quality photo of the completed comp

DSC00157.JPG

The V8 hiding behind a poorly placed solid part of the case side
DSC00158.JPG
]

This is the first stage of my mods. I have several other ideas that I will be implementing in the coming months.

Real quick stats:

P4 Stock cooler: ~2000 RPM ~88 F Idle Temp

Coolermaster V8: ~800 RPM ~60 F Idle Temp

That's all for now. Stay tuned and please comment!

-Matt