hardoi20

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Hi guys,
Actually kinda new to graphics cards. I am planning to buy imac 24. core2 duo 3.06 ghz , 1tb hard drvive and there are two options for graphics card. ATI Radeon HD 4850 and Nvidia Geforce GT 130. I am having problem in selecting between the two graphics card as I might use imac for some heavy gaming. Kindly suggest....

rav3n

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Go for the HD 4850. But if your going to be gaming your making a huge mistake getting a mac. They don't support many games even when they are running windows. You should build yourself a gaming pc. I can tell you from experience for the money you spend on the mac you can get a pc that has alot higher specs and is much more capable of doing what you want:)

Dreasconse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Anytime the phrases "Mac" and "heavy gaming" appear in the same sentence, the word "not" or similar must also be used. I do not see this. Please correct.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
DO NOT BUY THE MAC!!! I am actually Apple Certified and have seen a lot of the 20 inch versions of the new iMac. We've got 150 or so of these, and so far have had a decent amount of problems. I work for a school district, and my boss in fact said he is not buying another 20 inch iMac. Heating issues, computer sometimes shut off at random, Apple claims replacing a cable may resolve some of this, but a lot of the time, if you need say a logic board replacement, you are looking at almost the price of the machine for repair.

So in short, do not get that iMac. If you want to game, get a pc. Again, this is from someone who actually has their Apple Certification.