Asus ati radeon 4870x2 Tri-Fan issues.

dmxdex2020

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Hello guys i recently bought an Ati radeon Radeon 4870x2 Tri-Fan graphics card And their seems to be alot of issues with it.

It first started around 2 weeks ago when i was running the in game test on FEAR when a screw popped out of the back of the card never seen that happen before so i checked the temps and both gpus seemed to be at 38 degrees which is fine.

For the last 2 weeks i have been having issues were one of my gpus will be disabled and i would have to reinstall vista 64bit to get it working again.

My tri-fan seems to have to 10 led lights 5 near the 8pin connector and another 5 at the top of the board in the middle underneath the metal casing, 3 led lights seem to be on at the top of the card in the middle and their are no led lights on near the 8 pin connector.

I recently bought a new PSU a corsair TX 650W and it has not made a difference to the card

Games do not seem to be running at full fps, COD 5 WAW seems to be only getting around 40 to 60 fps sometimes going up to 90 in certain places i was told i should be getting a solid 150 fps in COD WAW, the card seems to suffer badly when their are explosions on screen.

I am not sure what i should do? should i return the card and get a new one?