HDMI display from GTX 260 cut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManusDeus

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I know this is probably a simple issue to fix, but I have no idea how. My SONY Bravia KDL 26s2000 has one HDMI port. WHen I hook up my Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216 (Vista 64-bit SP1) the taskbar is cut off--so obviously the screen dimensions are wrong. I cannot find any obvious way to correct that. DO I jsut keep trying different resolutions? That doesn't seem right since it is the aspect ratio (116:9 for 1080p) that I need and Vista is giving me the typical 4:3 computer screen ratios. Since I ma new to HDMI from a PC, I have no idea where to look to correct this. SONY's menu claims aspect ratios can only be adjusted on the TV for the PC port which is RGB only--so that's not a HD solution.

Staisman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I have the same problem on my monitor Viewsonic 2435 which connected thrugh HDMI. The black frame cut off the picture around the screen. When I use D-SUB connection everething work well.

ManusDeus

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I was able to find an option in the Nvidia driver control panel that provided two sliders to resize the screen and that worked. I took me a while to find them though.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

How does the picture look? I have a Samsung 32inch HDTV that my computer is connected to, and there is only one of the HDMI ports specifically designed for computer use. When I had it initially hooked up to one of the other HDMI ports, I had the same problem with overscan. Plus, the picture was less than perfect. After reading the owner's manual, I discovered that HDMI 2 was the recommended port for connecting to a digital graphics card. Now the picture is as good as any digital monitor. Something you may want to check with your Sony.

I never had to use the Nvidia Control Panel to resize my screen. And you shouldn't either.

ManusDeus

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009

My SONY Bravia is an older one--only one HDMI port. The computer/PC port is RGB. I didn't want to drop the HDMI for RGB because of image quality concerns and I have a LInux server using the PC/RGB port. I will try the RGB for the PC and see if I get better images on resolutions above 1360x768--right now the HDMI is fuzzy above that resolulion making text hard to read.

spearez

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
hey am having the same problem with my 32" Sony S Series ...it has two hdmi ports ...My task bar is still bieng cut of even after i tried using the Nvidia Sliders am using a GT 240...

Any solution is highly appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.