How much difference in fps does .26 ghz really make?

alyshira

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Hey! i'm looking to buy a laptop for gaming. i would appreciate any help deciding on a processor because i don't know it impacts gaming.

right now all I play is WoW so that's what is important (but the most demanding game i might ever play is Age of Conan)

So my question is, how much of a difference in fps would there be between the P8600 (2.4 GHz) or T9550 (2.66 GHz) and which should I go with?

Thanks for your input!

loneninja

Distinguished
You probably won't notice a difference between the 2, maybe a few fps in some games but your fps is going to be most dependant on your video card. I hope your not looking at something with integrated graphics, it'll never play anything like Age of Conan.

alyshira

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008

Nah, the HD 4650 :) I am hoping that could play Age of Conan with low to medium settings if I ever do

TheMan1214

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
you shouldn't really notice that much of a difference between them, but i'm curious do you have access to what the Multiplier and BCLCK is set too on it, like he stated above graphics card is going to ahve the most affect on your gaming experience

the higher the BCLCK is the harder everything on your ocmputer will work.Multiplier only effects the processor BCLCK, everything