CM Hyper 212+ and another 120mm fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper2794

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Hey guys, so I'm hoping to buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ for my i5-750 and I'm hopin to OC it

The Hyper 212+ comes with a 120mm fan

First of all, the "push-pull" configuration. Can someone verify this for me? A push-pull config would be where there's 2 fans on the heatsink and one pulls it in and the other blows it out meaning they both blow towards the same direction right?

So if I added another fan, it'd be a push-pull config right?

Would this be worth it?

Also, how far will I be able to OC the i5-750 with the STOCK HSF and the Hyper 212+ w/one fan, and with 2 fans

The stock speed is 2.66 GHz

Thanks for your time, any other info is highly appreciated

Solution
Hi.

Get the Hyper 212+ with the single fan that is enough for a good OC and good temps, try that 1st if u don't get good temps add the 2nd fan.

4745454b

Titan
I'd like to be captain obvious here for a second. Just adding a fan doesn't make it push pull. As you said they need to point in the same direction. If your not careful they will blow towards each other and your cooling won't be as good. Pay attention of the direction so you get maximum cooling.

jbart1981

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Just installed a 212 yesterday w/ 2 fans - the one that came with it was really loud - switched it out for 2 of coolermaster's 120mm 70cfm - 19 dba fans and am very happy! lower noise and lower temps - the fans were $5.99 each at Microcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.