GamersAreTheBest

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
hi , i need your advice on this , ok so i bought a 25disk tdk dvd-r pack , it is made in taiwan , speeds 1-16x , 4.7gb in size . so heres the thing i read in one of the forums that tdk discs are bad cuz they are manufactured by CMC .
So i downloaded dvd identifier and this was the results for a tdk dvd-r i used ;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:CMC MAG. AM3]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG. AM3]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]
[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I was surprised when i saw the results because i have been using tdk since 2008 and till now those discs are still working [there results are the same as this one ] on the other hand some say that sony dvd-r are better but i have been burning ps2 games in sony discs and guess what after two weeks they get spoiled . so heres my question is tdk discs made by cmc and made in taiwan rubbish i am saying in the case for dvd-r !!!
thank you for your help

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Stick to what works for you, you've bee using them for 2 years without a problem, then keep using them.
Some burners like some disks better then others. Like you I also had problems with Sony disks (maybe they think you should have a Sony burner as well) I figure that I will be long time dead before the disks fail for reasons other then accidental damage.
So who cares who the original maker is, as long as they work, who's to say other makers are'nt using the same manufacturer, but using a different identifier.

GamersAreTheBest

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
ya i think i will stick to tdk i guess .
"I will be long time dead before the disks fail for reasons other then accidental damage. " lol , i always say as long as the disk work until my time of death , i wont give a *** about them when i die