Sign in with
Your question

EVGA GTX 295 or BFG?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 6, 2009 5:56:13 AM

I can't really decide on which brand to go with. EVGA is $599.00 and the BFG $549.99. They both have lifetime warranties, besides price being the only difference, what do you guys think?

More about : evga gtx 295 bfg

April 6, 2009 6:23:54 AM

Well both the brands are good...But the EVGA and XFX is the most preferred brand for nvidia and then the BFG...
Get the BFG and save $50...If the difference is less, then get EVGA...
April 6, 2009 6:29:55 AM

Ahh thank you, i'll do some more research. :) 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 6, 2009 6:24:10 PM

If you shop around you can find them cheaper, you may have to wait on back order though. I paid 479$ for my XFX and I could of got the EVGA for 519$
April 6, 2009 6:43:04 PM

buy my evga gtx295 for $500 :) 

on a more helpful note, i have not had too much experience with BFG. my experience with evga has been nothing short of fantastic. if you can find the evga 295, i say go that route.
April 6, 2009 11:39:22 PM

EVGA it is then. :) 

Blackjack, Thanks but i'm going the new route. :) 
April 6, 2009 11:42:02 PM

Just found evga for $515 :p 
April 7, 2009 5:03:28 PM

EVGA and BFG are both good brands for nvidia. My last two nvidia cards are from BFG (8800GT and 280GTX). Both are extremely reliable so far.
April 7, 2009 10:33:16 PM

what's the difference of the evga 295 models, is it just the back plate?
017-P3-1291-AR
017-P3-1293-AR
017-P3-1294-AR
April 10, 2009 5:38:44 PM

I got the Asus gtx 295 for $360 newegg. I dont know if there is anything wrong with that brand but the card has been working smoothly for me.
April 10, 2009 6:56:07 PM

ugh... they are all the same cards. thanks for trying.

edit: only real difference is the heatsinks used.
April 10, 2009 7:36:35 PM

XFX = best warranty

eVGA = ability to trade in your card within 90 days for a better one (retail price though)

BFG = made in the USA? lol...I think they usually OC their cards a lil for free
April 10, 2009 8:51:20 PM

Newegg is selling out of the evga's about every 2 days...insane.
June 28, 2009 3:32:57 AM

Double check this before buying BFG, but I was told the following about their policies:

1. Lifetime warranty.

2. If your card is faulty they will allow you to pay the difference for an upgrade on a different or newer card.

3. They offer an option for purchasing back your card and giving you a credit towards upgrading to a newer card in the future.

4. When you call they answer the phone... and speak english. (I've always been a fan of XFX, but a recent issue with a card and trying to get a hold of their support was nearly impossible.)

If anyone has any experience with BFG I'd like to confirm these policies, as I'm looking to buy a new card.
June 30, 2009 8:10:52 PM

Quote:
Double check this before buying BFG, but I was told the following about their policies:

1. Lifetime warranty.

2. If your card is faulty they will allow you to pay the difference for an upgrade on a different or newer card.

3. They offer an option for purchasing back your card and giving you a credit towards upgrading to a newer card in the future.

4. When you call they answer the phone... and speak english. (I've always been a fan of XFX, but a recent issue with a card and trying to get a hold of their support was nearly impossible.)

If anyone has any experience with BFG I'd like to confirm these policies, as I'm looking to buy a new card.

1) Life time warranty in USA - 10 years everywhere else

2) Unconfirmed about faulty cards

3) They don't purchase the card back, you trade up, only paying the difference for the newer card.

4) They answer the phone regardless of it being on a freephone line
May 7, 2010 3:51:43 PM

I have to chime in not so much for you but anyone else who might consider BFG.

I have the 295 h2oc. Or had until 23 days ago, that's when I sent in my RMA due to fan failure. For 23 days I heard nothing, but I chalked it up to being busy, hey it happens.

I called and got routed from the RMA line to Cust Svc. First time after a 10 min wait on hold someone picked up the phone and immediately disconnected me. Ok ... controlling temper, it was probably bad luck. Called again went through the whole wait, and spoke to a rep there. Wish I kept her name.

I explained I just wanted to check on the RMA, and she said something like "well as you know all of the 295 RMAs are on hold ..." Wait, what? I didn't know that, because no one ever contacted me. When I explained that, she got on the defensive. "There's nothing I can do sir you just need to be patient." Huh? I didn't ask you to do anything yet, I just explained I hadn't heard this before. She explained she had three other calls on the exact same issue today, and this is at 10am her local time. So that tells me these cards are failing left and right, and they have no answer.

In the end my only solution seems to be sit and wait and hope they eventually get around to sending me either a replacement or an upgrade. She said they have neither in stock as of right now to send. Really, none? I asked for a guess as to when it might be available, even mentioning that I know she can't promise anything. She would only reply with "do you wish to escalate this?" I have no idea what that means, but it sounds promising, so I said sure.

"I'll escalate it." CLICK. She hung up on me.

I'd take a foreign accent and polite over the train wreck they saw fit to hire there. I'll wait for the card, then I am done with BFG forever. I would recommend anyone else consider carefully before choosing them, especially if it is a cutting edge product as the H2oc seems to be, since it has no replacement or upgrade available what, 9 months after it was introduced?

I would be fine to wait if I knew there was an answer in sight, but I have no more information now then I did when I called. Terrible customer service, plain and simple.

May 7, 2010 7:29:43 PM

EVGA for sure.
May 7, 2010 9:53:22 PM

@mf1971 and Petey1013, did you guys even notice the date on the thread almost 1 year old

THREAD DIGGING!!!!!
May 7, 2010 10:00:43 PM

Hahaha I def did not, let this poor thread DIE!
!