system restore wiped out W98 in bootup, can't load it anym..

Anonymous
May 16, 2004 11:01:11 AM

I have a dual boot system with W98SE on the C drive (FAT
32) and WinXP (NTFS) on a separate hard drive. I had to
use System Restore in XP to go back to a point in time
and it worked fine in XP. However, now when I want to
load Win98 from the bootup menu, the screen goes blank
and I get the message "Invalid System Disk, Replace the
disk and press any key".

I've tried the bootcfg /rebuild using the Recovery
Console but it didn't fix anything, the program couldn't
see the Win 98 OS. It returned WinXP as the only Windows
option on my PC, although I can access the C drive
through Win XP.

I need to run my Win98 ....HELP!
!