Sign in with
Your question

Hardware Interrupts problem

Last response: in CPUs
June 15, 2009 6:48:54 PM

I have a high-end custom built PC that I bought a few months ago running on Windows Vista Ultimate. I recently figured out why sometimes my PC usage sticks around 25% and makes my games lag. I installed the Procexp program and it said 'hardware interrupts' were causing the lag. I googled 'hardware interrupts' but all the articles I found were from like 2005 and were people using XP.

One of the things I saw on the older thread was going into device manager and seeing if any of the major hardware shared the same IRQ number. What I found was there are several things sharing the same numbers but I don't know what to make of it.

I'm not sure how to solve this problem and would appreciate anyone's help. I'm willing to send someone some cash on paypal if they want to help extensively. Thanks.
June 15, 2009 10:27:28 PM

THANKS FOR NOTHING
June 15, 2009 10:52:25 PM

You're welcome.
Related resources
June 16, 2009 3:15:38 AM

Normally I'd just kick on the flame thrower and toast... You don't have an interrupt problem, you have a hardware latency issue. Google up DPC Latency Checker and run it, it'll show if you have a latency problem...It won't really know where, but what you do at that point is remove hardware... disable the onboard NIC and test, disable the onboard audio and test, swap out the video card and test, turn off USB's and test...I ended up replacing my motherboard after nothing else seemed to be the issue, and now I don't have the problem...You're welcome for SOMETHING!!
!