SSD benchmark results

mcg75

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Can somebody look at this and give me some feedback on it please?

as-ssd-benchINTELSSDSA2M080021020107-37-48PM.png

I'm running a gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 motherboard and i7-860 processor.

mcg75

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Yep, I'm running the RST drivers from intel.

I used the intel toolbox to do a cleaning and my write speeds shot up a bit. I still have a feeling that the motherboard is doing something to hold me back because the numbers I got above were with a 3.5ghz overclock. Stock speed I get reads of less that 200 in the seq test.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
^Make sure your connection mode are set to AHCI. Doing a clean that improves writes can be a sign of trim not working which is a sign that your connected by IDE, not AHCI like you should be.

And what are RST drivers? What do they do? I have an Intel X25-M, should I download this driver?

randomizer

Champion

He's using the iaStor driver (part of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager) so he's almost certainly running AHCI.

I've always used the default AHCI driver for my SSds and Bench marks have been close to Specs and reviews. However my latest SSD (Gskill Pheonix pro was low on Sequencial and 512 K reads (Right on for 4 K random). It appears the Intel AHCI driver (Included in the Intel Matrix storage driver (Ver 9) is need for optimum performance.

Quote From Manuf comments - GSkill Pheonix Pro, Newegg comments.
Also, the AHCI driver should be the latest Intel Matrix Storage Technology driver or Rapid Storage Technology for optimum performance.
End Quote

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel%c2%ae+RST)