List Files In Folder/Sub-Folder by Filename

Cardo3maN

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
On my screne the list of folders indicates an icon for showing the numbere of files per folder but I can't get the screen to show the number of files.

Cardo3maN

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
This precisely what i want to avoid: I don't want to open a folder to find out the number of files; I want to find out the number of files while viewing the list of folders

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
You mean the number in the bottom left corner of the screen each time you open a folder?
You don't have the status bar active? Click View>Status bar
But I think it displays the number of folders and files all together... :hello:

Or you mean by just passing your cursor over a folder?

Are you trying to find out how many files are in the folders without touching anything? Bit confused what you are tryint to do here. You can right-click on any number of folders and find out how many files are inside the group or a top level folder by checking it's properties. But at some point you need to select something to check the properties of.

Cardo3maN

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks for all your help. But... When I hit OPEN, I get a screen showing a list of all folders. the task bar at the top indicates DATE, SIZE, NANE, TYPE, FILE COUNT, #, and TITLE. Everything is okay EXCEPT I cannot have the screen also list the FILE COUNT. I see that hitting the box for FILE COUNT and # lists ranges of sizes, but even clicking on combinations of numbers (sizes) fails to have the screen indicate the number of all files for all folders shown on the screen. I know that I can pull up individual folders and get the files contents but I would like to see the entire list of folders AND the corresponding number of files per folders listged at tghe same time.

You need to select the folders and files you want a count of and and look at the properties. Without selecting the folders you need to get the file numbers from, windows explorer won't show them to you. You can do it in a script but it would take just as much work.