Overclocking a XFX 6850...Help

jasonp12

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
Using MSI afterburner i obv can overclock the card....but how do i know if its stable? Should i run Kombustor or Furmark for an X amount of time if so how long?

Solution
Kombustor for 5 minutes at least. If you get artifacts then your card is unstable. In Kombustor is should be obvious squares in the MSI picture. Also Unlock Overclocking in ATI Catalyst, it should be a picture that looks like a lock that you can click to unlock it. That or go into MSIAfterburner.cfg and change ATIUnofficialoverclocking to 1 and save then you should be able to OC it. At least that is what 5850 owners used to OC it to 1000 mhz.
Kombustor for 5 minutes at least. If you get artifacts then your card is unstable. In Kombustor is should be obvious squares in the MSI picture. Also Unlock Overclocking in ATI Catalyst, it should be a picture that looks like a lock that you can click to unlock it. That or go into MSIAfterburner.cfg and change ATIUnofficialoverclocking to 1 and save then you should be able to OC it. At least that is what 5850 owners used to OC it to 1000 mhz.

Solution