Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Rotating Xigmatek red scorpion HDT1283 on AM3 socket..

Last response: in Overclocking
October 31, 2010 8:50:46 AM

hello everyone...

im using Xigmatek Red scorpion on my AM3 motherboard...
is there a away to turn the cooler so the fan can face front rather than facing down??
the heatsink is blocking my ram and more important, i cannot see the cool, beautiful light of the orange fan when i close the case....

anyone, help me please....

thanks....

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
October 31, 2010 3:24:10 PM

exceeda88 said:
hello everyone...

im using Xigmatek Red scorpion on my AM3 motherboard...
is there a away to turn the cooler so the fan can face front rather than facing down??
the heatsink is blocking my ram and more important, i cannot see the cool, beautiful light of the orange fan when i close the case....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs924.snc4/73785_1357242546031_1680535081_708469_4922493_n.jpg

anyone, help me please....

thanks....

Sorry, it looks like the clip goes on only one way. I write about this in my cooler reviews...you should have picked a different model. Proper orientation is supported by the Scythe Mugen 2, Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer, Thermaltake Frio, Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme, and several others...basically you can usually figure it out by looking at the photos of the cooler and its mounting hardware.
October 31, 2010 3:40:11 PM

ow, thanks for the clarification :(  ....i bought it long time ago....now with my new mobo, it is blocking my RAM...i need to remove the cooler to install my RAM, and i cnnot install any RAM with a big heatsink, so thats really cought my intension.... i buy it before based on its performance and its price....

thanks for your, answer......
m
l
October 31, 2010 3:40:45 PM

Best answer selected by exceeda88.
m
l
!