Clueless? need help..

Alright so i recently bought a linksys rangeplus wireless PCI card. I put it in and everything seemed fine till I got a BSOD. I tried to reboot and couldnt POST. no beeps. Everything ran but a black screen was up. I toyed with it for a little cleared the CMOS. Finally it POSTed. Hooray... yeah until today computer randomly shuts off same thing happens but this time I cant get it to post? The computer would turn off if i bumped my case. (Short)?
I have taken my MoBO out of the case and just have my CPU and GPU plugged in and i still get no Beeps.

What I have done already:
1. Checked all connections.
2. Running sytem with no HDD only CPU and GPU
3.Switched RAM
4.MotherBoard is no longer in case.


I'm absolutely clueless? I feel as if my board has been fried? Any Ideas?
11 answers Last reply
More about clueless help
  1. I take it you removed the wireless card?

    What PSU are you using?
  2. yeah i removed it. im using a OCZ 700w

    I'm pulling my hair out.. I just reseated the CPU and it POST. I put everything back in. Nope.
  3. This is about a month old build and has been working amazing. Till that card and now its all messed up.
  4. Well, these things do happen. I noticed some pretty bad reviews over at newegg on the PCI card, but honestly sometimes parts just die. Do you have a speaker connected to the board? What board is it?
  5. Proximon said:
    Well, these things do happen. I noticed some pretty bad reviews over at newegg on the PCI card, but honestly sometimes parts just die. Do you have a speaker connected to the board? What board is it?



    EVGA nForce 780i SLI FTW Built in speaker
  6. Just in case, have you seen this? Did you miss the CPU power connection when you rebuilt outside your case?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-build-post-checklist

    Other than that, seems like an RMA on the board is in order.
  7. Proximon said:
    Just in case, have you seen this? Did you miss the CPU power connection when you rebuilt outside your case?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-build-post-checklist

    Other than that, seems like an RMA on the board is in order.


    I didnt miss the CPU power connection because it POSTed fine outside my case. CPU cooler was off and only the GPU was in and it seemed fine. So could it been something going on with when i get everything back in my case. or somehow my CPU cooler? Underneath Where i plug in the Cooler there is a RED light. and I dont recall seeing it on a normal basis? and its not the light telling me I have power to my board.
  8. You haven't mentioned what the comp specs are. I'm not familiar with a red LED near the CPU power on any boards right off, but it doesn't sound good.
  9. OK.

    OCZ 700W PSU
    Wolfdale E8400 duo 3.0 GHz
    EVGA 9800 GT
    EVGA Nforce 780i SLI FTW
    OCZ 4GB DDR2 RAM 800
  10. toexspenceive said:
    I didnt miss the CPU power connection because it POSTed fine outside my case. CPU cooler was off and only the GPU was in and it seemed fine. So could it been something going on with when i get everything back in my case. or somehow my CPU cooler? Underneath Where i plug in the Cooler there is a RED light. and I dont recall seeing it on a normal basis? and its not the light telling me I have power to my board.


    hmm well not sure if this applies but, on my old motherboard green led meant all is good, red generally wasnt a very good thing at all. usually code for rma this sucker.
  11. I see no LED near the CPU fan header:
    In this photo, the CPU fan power is on the right side edge of the board, about mid point.


    I do however see a hex code LED that is supposed to generate error codes.

    This is from EVGA's website:
    http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=132-YW-E178-A1&pwindow=support&family=
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems