Do all Sims want babies?

My knowledge-aspiration married Sims occasionally want to have a baby.
Is there any type of Sim that isn't interested in having babies? I'd
prefer that this couple not have kids, but if they start wanting it all
the time they're going to be unhappy without babies.

More about sims babies

    Mxsmanic wrote:

    > My knowledge-aspiration married Sims occasionally want to have a baby.
    > Is there any type of Sim that isn't interested in having babies? I'd
    > prefer that this couple not have kids, but if they start wanting it all
    > the time they're going to be unhappy without babies.

    I think the romance sims have genuine fears of having babies.

    -georg

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:30:48 +0100, Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >My knowledge-aspiration married Sims occasionally want to have a baby.
    >Is there any type of Sim that isn't interested in having babies? I'd
    >prefer that this couple not have kids, but if they start wanting it all
    >the time they're going to be unhappy without babies.

    Most happily married Sims will occasionally spin up the have baby
    want. When mine do, I just ignore it and satisfy their other wants
    and eventually the have baby want will go away.

    Shella

    Hee hee, Cassandra and Don Goth have just had a second child.
    Cassandra had the have baby want locked in by me, then it also popped
    up as a fear the day before birth (luckily for Cassie, the fear spun
    away the morning she gave birth). Don, however, had it as a fear and
    promptly turned into a gibbering ninny when little Isabella entered the
    world. He was soon soothed by the purchase of a drum kit, though.

    Meanwhile, back in 'my' family, George Pips' lifetime want is to marry
    off 6 kids. He and Joyce (poor longsuffering fortune Sim) started
    their adult life with 2 children, they're on their 3rd ingame
    pregnancy, and they're about 6 days away from elderhood. (lucky Joyce
    has done quite well to avoid morning sickness somehow in every
    pregnancy, too). Short of having twins or adopting (I've been
    resisting using Elixir of Life) I'm not sure they're going to manage
    even having six, never mind live long enough to see them all married :)

    ~*~
    vecki

    Mxsmanic wrote:
    > My knowledge-aspiration married Sims occasionally want to have a baby.
    > Is there any type of Sim that isn't interested in having babies? I'd
    > prefer that this couple not have kids, but if they start wanting it all
    > the time they're going to be unhappy without babies.

    Not at all. I had a Sim who didn't want a baby, so cruel me had the
    other Sim adopt several children. I enjoyed watching him have a nervous
    breakdown each time the adoption worker brought the little bundle o' joy
    to the house. :-)

    --
    --Cuth

    Shella writes:

    > Most happily married Sims will occasionally spin up the have baby
    > want. When mine do, I just ignore it and satisfy their other wants
    > and eventually the have baby want will go away.

    It seems to be more common after a woohoo session, or after they've been
    interacting a lot with lots of green plus signs hanging over their
    heads.

    Popular / Fortune sims doesn't intereset babies. Family / Romance /
    Knowledge like babies...

    My Sim Married Brandi Brook. I allowed her to bring along Beau. At which
    point brandi became pregnant I don't know because she had one. A lovely baby
    boy.

    "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My knowledge-aspiration married Sims occasionally want to have a baby.
    > Is there any type of Sim that isn't interested in having babies? I'd
    > prefer that this couple not have kids, but if they start wanting it all
    > the time they're going to be unhappy without babies.
    >
    > --
    Romance Sims seem pretty resistant to it... but I don't know if that means
    they never spin it up.

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message

    > "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> My knowledge-aspiration married Sims occasionally want to have a baby.
    >> Is there any type of Sim that isn't interested in having babies? I'd
    >> prefer that this couple not have kids, but if they start wanting it all
    >> the time they're going to be unhappy without babies.
    >>
    >> --
    > Romance Sims seem pretty resistant to it... but I don't know if that means
    > they never spin it up.

    Some of my romance sims have had the want to have a baby. I even had it as a
    fear and want on one of my romance sims.

    Deborah
    --
    Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

    "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message

    > "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> My knowledge-aspiration married Sims occasionally want to have a baby.
    >> Is there any type of Sim that isn't interested in having babies? I'd
    >> prefer that this couple not have kids, but if they start wanting it all
    >> the time they're going to be unhappy without babies.
    >>
    >> --
    > Romance Sims seem pretty resistant to it... but I don't know if that means
    > they never spin it up.

    I have had it spin up ocassionally with a romance Sim just like you
    occasionally get family sims who are afraid of it for a time.

    Gareeth

    "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > My Sim Married Brandi Brook. I allowed her to bring along Beau. At which
    > point brandi became pregnant I don't know because she had one. A lovely
    > baby boy.

    Brandi is pregnant when the game starts, supposedly to her first husband
    Skip but her memories don't bear this out as Skip's death came before Beau's
    birth.

    > "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > My Sim Married Brandi Brook. I allowed her to bring along Beau. At which
    > > point brandi became pregnant I don't know because she had one. A lovely
    > > baby boy.
    > >

    > Brandi is pregnant when the game starts, supposedly to her first husband
    > Skip but her memories don't bear this out as Skip's death came before
    Beau's
    > birth.

    Hmmm, that makes sense to me. Did you mean that Skip's death came before
    Beau's conception?

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >> Brandi is pregnant when the game starts, supposedly to her first
    >> husband Skip but her memories don't bear this out as Skip's death
    >> came before Beau's birth.
    >
    > Hmmm, that makes sense to me. Did you mean that Skip's death came
    > before Beau's conception?

    I noticed this too, the memories show that skip died before beau's birth,
    which is possible as he may have dies before the birth but after the
    conception. Then brandi becomes pregnant again and it is skips, meaning that
    her third child was concieved while she was pregnant with beau.

    Beau was the baby before the one she is pregnant with - so her husband Skip
    somehow managed to impregnate her again before she gave birth to Beau and
    then died, leaving her pregnant. Damn that woman is fecund!

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > "Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Graham" <Graham@wallace21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > My Sim Married Brandi Brook. I allowed her to bring along Beau. At
    which
    > > > point brandi became pregnant I don't know because she had one. A
    lovely
    > > > baby boy.
    > > >

    > > Brandi is pregnant when the game starts, supposedly to her first husband
    > > Skip but her memories don't bear this out as Skip's death came before
    > Beau's
    > > birth.
    >
    > Hmmm, that makes sense to me. Did you mean that Skip's death came before
    > Beau's conception?

    No. He means that Skip's death came before Beau's birth and then there was
    another pregnancy.

    1. Dustin was born
    2. Skip died
    3. Beau was born (all of which is completely possible so far)
    4. Boy number 3 was born - I call him Stone (not my own invention - I heard
    it from some wit here) or Skip Jr (this is the freaky birth - somehow his
    mother and father conceived him after his father was dead)

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message

    > I noticed this too, the memories show that skip died before beau's birth,
    > which is possible as he may have dies before the birth but after the
    > conception. Then brandi becomes pregnant again and it is skips, meaning
    > that her third child was concieved while she was pregnant with beau.

    In vitro.

    Gareeth

    I don't mind the fact the Brandi comes into my house pregnant. It just means
    I have two kids I can send to university.

    Beau being the first when he grows up and the baby boy that Brandi shot out.

    > "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> I noticed this too, the memories show that skip died before beau's birth,
    >> which is possible as he may have dies before the birth but after the
    >> conception. Then brandi becomes pregnant again and it is skips, meaning
    >> that her third child was concieved while she was pregnant with beau.
    >
    > In vitro.
    >
    > Gareeth

    Actually it just proves that Maxis cheats as bad as the rest of us - I have
    a Michael Jr Bachelor, out of Dina, using the Tombstone of L & D.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > 4. Boy number 3 was born - I call him Stone (not my own invention - I
    > heard it from some wit here) or Skip Jr (this is the freaky birth -
    > somehow his mother and father conceived him after his father was dead)

    Maybe she had his sperm frozen then had IVF treatment...

    Stone Broke is one of the dead relatives... So is Flat Broke. :)))
    Sage

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    >> 4. Boy number 3 was born - I call him Stone (not my own invention - I
    >> heard it from some wit here) or Skip Jr (this is the freaky birth -
    >> somehow his mother and father conceived him after his father was dead)
    >
    > Maybe she had his sperm frozen then had IVF treatment...

    No, there is no ancestor named Stone. Flat, Flo and Skip are the entire
    family tree prior to Skip and Brandi getting married.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > No, there is no ancestor named Stone. Flat, Flo and Skip are the
    > entire family tree prior to Skip and Brandi getting married.

    IIRC Stone did exist and was Skip's Grandfather.

    I still have the family tree's I made saved on my computer. Skip had no
    grandparents. I could post them again in the binary group if anyone is
    interested?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > I still have the family tree's I made saved on my computer. Skip had
    > no grandparents.

    Yep, you're right, there is no Stone Broke anywhere in the tree. But the
    name rings a bell... Maybe its just because its a phrase...

    Hmmmm..... Sorry, I could have Sworn I saw the name. With all the work
    you've done with the family trees you're the one who should Know! ;-)
    I stand corrected....but is IS a good name for the Broke family.
    Sage

    > No, there is no ancestor named Stone. Flat, Flo and Skip are the entire
    > family tree prior to Skip and Brandi getting married.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >> Stone Broke is one of the dead relatives... So is Flat Broke. :)))
    >> Sage
    >>

    >> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Maybe she had his sperm frozen then had IVF treatment...

Sims Games Video Games