Antec 300 fans setup

zukzuk

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
So the front the fans should be intake, while the back fan is exhaust. Wat about the top fan and the side fan? should they both be exuahst, or intake?

also, how do i kno which way my fan is blowing...i have the antec tricool fan...if the logo is facing outwards does that mean air is going out?

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
On the tri-cool fans the sticker faces the direction of exaust.

You should have the top fan set to exhaust (this is how it comes installed from the factory) and the side fan should usually be an intake.

zukzuk

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
so that means, in order for the two front fans to be intake, the sticker should be facing inside the case right?

Did your case come with screws for the 2nd 120mm fan? Mine didn't, just curious.

And my case is setup the way B-unit described.

juncwil

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I have the back and top fans as exhaust while the side fan as intake. I don't put any fans in the front because they are known to vibrate and make a lot of noises. Also if you are going to put a fan on the side panel, make sure to get a dust filter for it because that intake fan will be blowing directly on your mobo and cpu HSF.

Dangle a piece of tissue in front of the fan to verify the air flow direction.

My take is that the front fans should be intake, and they will be filtered.
The top and rear fans should be exhaust.

Air will flow from low cool, front to hot top/rear out.

I would not use the side fan, I think it disrupts the otherwise good flow.
Try it if you have an extra fan as intake, but measure before and after to see which is better.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Yea, the tricools that come with the 300 are not the LED versions, whereas the ones in the 900 (and I assume the 902) are blue LED fans.