Flatron w2234s driver

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Hello,
THE MONITOR JUST STOPPED WORKING ALTHOUGH THE POWER BLUE LITE IS ON
HOW COME IT COULD BE THE DRIVER WHEN IT WAS WORKING 100% OKAY JUST 2 M,INUTES AGO

Solution
I was watching your problem with a personal interest. I use LG monitors but nothing has gone wrong with them (yet). It's good to see LG made good on a defective one.

Install the driver so device manager will know what you have there.

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011

THANKS FOR YOUR NOTE AND I DID CHANGE THE CAble and plug and then unplg but there is no change

My answer about don't blame the driver is because I have a pair of LG W2353 Flatron monitors and the driver only supplies a label for you to see in device manager, it doesn't do anything else. If mine is not set to the correct input, I too get a black screen. I run HDMI on both monitors all the time with no troubles, unless one comes on looking for DVI, then it's just a matter of running my finger across the bottom right of the monitor to invoke the setup controls to make a change. Not sure what yours has for that purpose. :(

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011

I TRIED ALL PLUG AND UNPLUG AND EVEN I CHANGED THE AVG CABLE BUT NO LUCK. IT DEENS SETTING BUT WHEN I SWITCHED IT ON IT GOES BACK TO POWER SAVING MODE.

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011

I TRIED MY BEST AND I WILL CALL FUTURE SHOP AT 1-800-663-2275 AS IT IS WARRANTED FOR THREE YEARS THIS IS WHAT THE SALES MAN TOLD ME BUT WHEN I CALLED LG CANADA AND I WAS TOLD IT WILL BE REPLACED AS LG CANADA AS WARRANTY IS UP TO THREE YEARS. HOW FAR IT IS TRUE I DON'T KNOW AND I DO NOT TRUST LG CANADA AT ALL. THEY ARE NOT TRUE TO THEIR WORDS.

Visit the store that sold it to you and try to work out a return with them, after all, they sold it. A phone call is just not as effective as a personal appearance (with the monitor). Bring everything with you including the original box and all manuals, software... everything or they'll deny the return based on missing items.

You may need to get a RMA from LG and send it to them. Make the store assist you with that if they don't take it back themselves.

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
THANKS FOR YOUR BEST RESULT BUT I HAVE NO BOX NOW AND I DO HAVE OTHER PAPERS LIKE THE MANUAL, CD ETC AND I COULD NOT FIND MY BILL AS I PAID $199.99 PLUS TAX TO FUTURE SHOP JUST TWO YEARS AGO AND IT WORKING EXCELLENT. I DID CALL LG IN CANADA AND THEY TOLD ME THAT MONITOR IS WARRANTED FOR THREE YEARS AND I MUST SUBMIT THE BILL OF SALE WHICH I COULD NOT FIND ALTHOUGH I SAVE ALL MY FUTURE SHOP BILLS IN ONE ENVELOP. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AS LG CALLED FOR THGE SERIAL NUMBER WHICH IS VERY SMALL TO READ And i gave them and nor LG says that this serial mumber is out dated for which I could not understand.

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
THANKS for your valuable information and I have found the original bill of sale of FUTURE SHOP . Yes I wasted on phone almost two hours but no help at all. I will go tomorrow and see if they can help as LG Canada guy told me that LG monotors are warranted for 3 years but I did not get any written letter or e-mail from them. I know even FUTURE SHOP sales people are not helpful at all as it almost two yeas ago I bought it and I was 100% satisfied. I tried to change the cable and attach with another laptop and it worked for two minutes and the went back to power saving mode. I did try from the switch and menu button but it did not go to set up at all.

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND FUTURE SHOP HAS EXCHANGED IT UNDER MANUFACTURER 3 YEARS WARRANTY PROGRAM. MY THANKS TO FUTURE SHOP AND LG CANADA FOR THIS HELP AS I WASTED ALMOST THREE WEEKS BUT NOW I AM HAPPY.

I was watching your problem with a personal interest. I use LG monitors but nothing has gone wrong with them (yet). It's good to see LG made good on a defective one.

Install the driver so device manager will know what you have there.

Solution

rkchadda

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
There is no need to install driver for LG monitors if you are using Window XP or Window Vista or Window 7 it is okay.

LG LCD MONITORS have three years Manufacturer Warranty or any LCD TV etc

It is better to keep your BILL OF SALE in ORIGINAL along with BOX . It is applicable for LG PRODUCTS ONLY

When you buy similar item from any electronic store you will always be asked for extended warranty from the retail store but always remember that LG MONITORS have 3 years manufacturer warranty.