What rating would you give a antec true power 1000w?

i'm planning to buy that power supply unit for $329.

i'll be having a 4 x 1tb sata hard drive, 2 or maybe 3 video cards, my case has built in fans (cm 932), a cpu cooler, blu-ray drive

q. out of 10 what rating would you give the antec?

note: should i stick with the antec or maybe change to another brand?

help needed, thanks in advance
6 answers Last reply
More about what rating give antec true power 1000w
  1. Hi V

I have two 1000w TPQ's, had no problems with 4 SATA drive's. I backed off 4 HDD's because they were blocking the intake resulting in high MB temps, something you might want to consider. I have one TPQ that is approx 2 yrs old and the other a little over a year, haven't had any problems out of either. I would buy an Antec again without giving it a second thought.
  2. I like antec also. But I doubt you need 1000 watts. 800-850 units will cost considerably less and provide adequate power. I would use a case with a lower bracket and mount all your hardrives behind a large 120mm fan for adequate cooling. For what you're spending, seasonic has the best warranty; up to 5 years and they manufacture some of the other branded high end power supplies.
  3. What other options do you have in your price range?
  4. Fry's stores has the antec 850w quad for $149.99 in today's ad, for example. Newegg has the pc power and cooling 910w silencer for $183.99 with free shipping, or the seasonic 750w M12D for $180 after $30 rebate. Either one should be adequate for your system.
  5. www.pccasegear.com

- cooler master real power 1000=$365
    - seasonic m12 850w=309
    - corsair tx-750w=$219
    - thermaltake 1500w=$499
  6. o1die said:
    For what you're spending, seasonic has the best warranty; up to 5 years and they manufacture some of the other branded high end power supplies.

Corsair HX750 & 850 have a 7 year warranty.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Components