Does it count?

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
hey guys i have a question....

i have a mini ITX setup with the following

Mobo: Gigabyte H55n-USB3

CPU: Intel i5-661 3.33GHz (OC////4.16GHz)

memory: Gskill ripjaws 1333

GPU: EVGA GTX460 1GB SC edition. only one card

ok onto the question..........

on 3dMark Vantage im seeing 14,400 on the stock clock with the grafix card only (only lookig at GPU scores).

I spent the better part of 4 hours messing with the overclocking using MSI Afterburner and the Ntune software.....i managed to hit 17,989 on 3Dmark vantage on 1024x768 resolution and everything on "Performance" settings wise. Does it count score wise if 3Dmark vantage did not crash neither did my display driver but in the test its self (specifically) when the girl is riding out one the boat towards the end thw watter gets all spikey and covers like halkf the screen?? but in any other part even the space ship test it works like a charm as if nothing is wrong?

and how is a 17,898 score compare?? i know its past the GTX470 but how far is the furthest GTX460 been pushed?? remember i have a mini ITX setup :D

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
SOB i cant spell for S**T apparently lmao

yah i see what your getting at and thats true......it only does it their.....new medal of honor, leaft 4 dead 2, killing floor, sniper ghost warrior blah blah blah goes without a hitch at some crazy frames for a 460 lol

There should be a list when you submit your score to futuremarks. It lists other systems with similar hardware and there scores compared to yours.

Anandtech pushed a Asus ENGTX460 768MB TOP to 930mhz core.They also pushed the standard 1 gig card to 825. In short those cards have good headroom for overclocking.

To add to this, that board you have overclocks very well(and yet I type this on that board undervolted :))

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
haha my 1gb is pushing the 887MHZ core barrier silly Asus here for shits and giggls

1012mv
887MHz core clock
1775 shader clock
2275 memory clock

the card has the stock EVGA EE cooler that comes with the GTX460 1GB version...

and the mobo has a slightly modded Coolermaster V6GT :D rest of my system is in mi siggy :D

Did you have to loose a fan on the V6? Being that the cpu socket is so close to the PCI-E slot?

As for the overclock. I bet they had tried for higher but work normally back off if any corruption was seen. Every card over clocks a little different. Those are some nice clocks as long as its stays stable.

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
haha nope...i turned it side ways ;)

the cooler is sucking from the side that is on the GPU but half of the fan is covered but im still getting really good air flow...4.16GHz is what i did a real quick over clock..im planning liquid cooling for CPU, GPU , and north bridge

as for the GPU those clocks are saves profiles in my MSI afterburner cause i dont run it like that all the time lol not on the stock cooler anyway :D

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
well as it sits with the air cooling...its done....im starting to do some research on liquid cooling for the CPU, NB, and GPU maybe get above the 4.5GHz CPU (im at 4.16GHz right now)

ill post pic later... :D

if it works and your happy its a win then :)
Gl with the W/cooling plans too man,
Moto