rayjay1223

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
I am building a new computer from scratch. I hooked every thing up and it looks like it gonna power up then just stops or doesn't power up at all. It seems like it stops right when it goes to POST or before it can even start POST. I cleared the CMOS and still nothing. I have tested the power supply and it works fine. My brother and I ordered the exact same MOBO/CPU, PSU and RAM. We just have different cases. His boots up fine and hashad no problems with his. The case is a little cheap and I am not sure if it's a short in the power button. Some feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

MOBO: ECS a770m-a
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000 Dual Core
PSU: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V
RAM: Kingston HyperX 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Solution
I've had some problem with cheap case and motherboard alignment. Sometime, the back panel would pry off a little bit and causing the motherboard to not power on. Take the MB out of the case on a non conductive surface and try it again.
One or two sticks or ram? Check for screws or standoffs out of position under the board. I installed my board recently and left a screw along the edge in the back; couldn't install any pci cards until I looked closely and noticed the screw along the edge of the board blocking the pci slot.

pat

Expert
I've had some problem with cheap case and motherboard alignment. Sometime, the back panel would pry off a little bit and causing the motherboard to not power on. Take the MB out of the case on a non conductive surface and try it again.

Solution