Sign in with
Your question

My dvd drive won't read my disc!

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
October 4, 2010 5:50:15 PM

My DVD drive isn't working! It says it either corrupted or unreadable! I don't know how to solve the problem! Please help! D:

More about : dvd drive read disc

October 4, 2010 7:40:47 PM

Have you tried multiple discs to ensure that it isn't just THAT DISC?
m
l
October 6, 2010 9:48:55 PM

I am having the exact same problem, after three years I never even tried burning to a Sony DVD-R disc. CD-R disc present no problems. The Sony disc shows 0 capacity on any type of DVD-R and DVD-RW, firmware update fix nothing! Looking for a DVD-R drive that can write at full speed with no problems later when trying to retreive the data, recommendations? I have tried multiple discs to ensure that it isn't the discs.

-Systemlord
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
October 9, 2010 8:17:41 AM

Try that disc to another pc, if it works then it's not the disc, try that DVD drive to another computer if it work then it's your unit. Use the IDE or SATA cable that worked with the other pc or the power cable that work. If that won't work then it is a driver problem - you can check microsoft for this or third party tools for driver. Rarely if your OS is updated you won't have this problems.
m
l
a b G Storage
October 9, 2010 8:42:35 AM

systemlord said:
First I don't understand what you mean by saying, "First, delete the upper and lower filters"? Should I "Let me fix it myself" or "Fix it for me", fix this problem automatically?

That's what the guides are for. They show how.
m
l
!