Javascript error

May 16, 2004 11:05:29 PM

I keep getting messages that I need to enable java
scripting when I view certain web pages. I am not computer
savy enough to figure out what is wrong. Everything is
checked on my computer config related to Java but
obviously I am either missing a file or just plain don't
know what I am doing. Can anyone help??

More about : javascript error

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 12:16:58 PM

Hi,

You can resolve the scripting error in Internet Explorer by following the
instructions in the article given below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q306831

or

Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page

SYMPTOMS
When you are browsing a Web page, you may receive an error message similar
to one of the following:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: line
Char: character
Error: Class not registered
-or-

On the Status Bar, you may receive the following message:
Done, but with error on page

If you double-click the Status Bar message, and then click Show Details,
you receive the following error message:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: line
Char: character
Error: Class not registered
CAUSE
This issue may occur if the Urlmon.dll file is not registered.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type Regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When prompted with the DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded message,
click OK.
If the issue persists, follow these steps:
Open the Java Virtual Machine. To do so, visit the following Java Web site:
http://www.java.com/en

Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable third-party browser extensions
(requires restart) check box.
Restart Internet Explorer.
If the issue persists, follow these steps:
Open Internet Explorer.
Click Tools, and click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Browsing, click to select the Disable Script Debugging check box.
Click OK to close all windows, and then restart the computer.
MORE INFORMATION
For additional information about how to troubleshoot this issue, click the
following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge
Base:
308260 How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer

If the issue persists, follow these steps:
Download and install Java Virtual Machine. To do this, visit the following
Java Web site:
http://www.java.com/en

Close all instances of Internet Explorer, click Start, and then click
Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab.
Clear the Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart) check
box under Browsing.
Restart Internet Explorer. If the problem is not resolved, go to step 7.
Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab, and then select the Disable Script Debugging check
box under Browsing.
Click OK to close all the windows.
Restart the computer.

I hope the above information helps you resolve the issue.

S.Vijay