Javascript error

I keep getting messages that I need to enable java
scripting when I view certain web pages. I am not computer
savy enough to figure out what is wrong. Everything is
checked on my computer config related to Java but
obviously I am either missing a file or just plain don't
know what I am doing. Can anyone help??
1 answer Last reply
More about javascript error

    Hi,

    You can resolve the scripting error in Internet Explorer by following the
    instructions in the article given below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q306831

    or

    Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
    on This Page

    SYMPTOMS
    When you are browsing a Web page, you may receive an error message similar
    to one of the following:

    An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Line: line
    Char: character
    Error: Class not registered
    -or-

    On the Status Bar, you may receive the following message:
    Done, but with error on page

    If you double-click the Status Bar message, and then click Show Details,
    you receive the following error message:

    An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Line: line
    Char: character
    Error: Class not registered
    CAUSE
    This issue may occur if the Urlmon.dll file is not registered.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
    Click Start, and then click Run.
    In the Open box, type Regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    When prompted with the DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded message,
    click OK.
    If the issue persists, follow these steps:
    Open the Java Virtual Machine. To do so, visit the following Java Web site:
    http://www.java.com/en

    Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
    Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable third-party browser extensions
    (requires restart) check box.
    Restart Internet Explorer.
    If the issue persists, follow these steps:
    Open Internet Explorer.
    Click Tools, and click Internet Options.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Browsing, click to select the Disable Script Debugging check box.
    Click OK to close all windows, and then restart the computer.
    MORE INFORMATION
    For additional information about how to troubleshoot this issue, click the
    following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge
    Base:
    308260 How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer

    If the issue persists, follow these steps:
    Download and install Java Virtual Machine. To do this, visit the following
    Java Web site:
    http://www.java.com/en

    Close all instances of Internet Explorer, click Start, and then click
    Control Panel.
    Click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Clear the Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart) check
    box under Browsing.
    Restart Internet Explorer. If the problem is not resolved, go to step 7.
    Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    Click the Advanced tab, and then select the Disable Script Debugging check
    box under Browsing.
    Click OK to close all the windows.
    Restart the computer.

    I hope the above information helps you resolve the issue.

    S.Vijay

Configuration Javascript Java Computers Windows XP