The specs look good, the brand is kinda crappy IMO.......

By the way, the person who posted the review did not buy the motherboard, or at least not on newegg so don't mind that review as it is worthless......

If you have DDR2 already don't bother with the DDR3 as the performance gains are minimal.... Get something that has a track record and good REAL reviews :

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387

Hey buddy, how are you doing??

Im about to get that same board as well.... in about 2 weeks from now... [:jaydeejohn:5]

It's really hard for us to give a thumbs up to the board you linked. One or three people saying good - or bad - about the board actually proves nothing.

Googling "JetWay JHA08-COMBO-LF motherboard reviews" shows no reviews from any qualified, objective reviewer. Does that mean its "bad"? No. It just means there is no evidence it is "good".

OTOH, the Gigabyte recommended has a fine pedigree, and is at the same price. Why take the risk on the Jetway?

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

eh not to bad what bout you? computer runs nice and smooth so far so its all good.

I don't go by what the reviewers say nor I tend to agree with all the reviewers that post comments on Newegg, it is clear that most of those reviewers are un-experienced "noobs" that claim to have a high understanding of the product when in fact they know nothing.... I have built several PC's with the 790X and IMO for the price, there is no competition.... hands down the most stable and fully featured SB750 in the 115.00$ price range....

Jetway makes semi-decent boards, the RMA's are a pain and they just can't compete against a company like Gigabyte....That's basically why I stated the 790X in the first place...... [:jaydeejohn:5]

Hehe. If one doesn't factor in what qualified reviewers say, there's not much point in listening to *anyone*.

As far as the Newegg reviews . . . I find them very useful but they must be read very differently. To say they are not qualified reviewers is an understatement lol.

Of course I don't mean all of the reviewers, but there is a handful of them that really post irrelevant info, very misleading and you can see tell just by looking at their thumbs down.....

In all, I just recommend what works for me and many others. Warranty/Excellent CS/Build Quality and a good track record also are very important in the deciding factor.....

BTW I have learned a few things by reading NE reviews....My Motto: If your not going to post anything helpful to the community (negative or positive), don't post at all....... :pfff:

high tech redneck 1990

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009

Thanks for all the help guys, And ive decided to go with the Gigabyte board. Ive been recommended this board by more than 5 different people on here, so ill go with the gigabyte, plus on the jetway website, they dont even have the same board on there as newegg, so that tells you something right there.

Also, OvrClkr, im getting the AMD 550 also, and i was wondering are you running it at 4.GHz on stock air cooling,after-market air cooling, or is it water cooled?

Here is a screen-shot :

4Ghz.jpg

I use this :

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185125&Tpk=ac%20freezer%2064%20pro

DSC00762.jpg