How to increase fan speed

dewang01

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Hello,
my cpu fan speed doesn't exceed 2700 rpm and my cpu temperature goes on increasing. i am alread using SpeedFan s/w but it doesn't giving satisfactory performance.
plz give me some solution to increase cpu speed further.
thank you

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010

Go for a fan controller (choice from manual knobs to touch panels)......... you could control up to 6 fans in some models..........

Dont get a fan controller for your CPU FAN if you remove the CPU FAN connector from the Mobo the board may not boot. Also sounds like 2700 is his max RPM and a fan controller would not help. He will have to buy a new HSF.

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
if you not happy with you current fans speed and cooling efficiency sounds like it might be time for a new CUP cooler.

how would you say your case's ventilation is?? like over all air flow wise? How long has it been since you cleaned it thoroughly for dust??

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
You can in fact use a fan controller without problems. All you need to do is enter bios setup and set cpu fan to disabled/ignore. I use a fan controller for my CPU, intake and exhaust fans, and it works great. Can easily turn it up or down depending on if I want silent operation or need extra cooling.