How to increase fan speed

Hello,
my cpu fan speed doesn't exceed 2700 rpm and my cpu temperature goes on increasing. i am alread using SpeedFan s/w but it doesn't giving satisfactory performance.
plz give me some solution to increase cpu speed further.
thank you
9 answers Last reply
More about increase speed
  1. DISABLED Smart Fan in BIOS,
    Clean your HSF & fan a 3tree month 1x , replace again Thermal Paste
  2. i have already done all that thing.but no change
  3. Install a higher capacity fan.
  4. no... anything cannot up increase speed fan except you a technichal machine man, via software nothing.... Use higher Fan can keep cool your CPU, if u don't like! must prepared money to Buy New HSF CPU Air / Water Cooling,
  5. dewang01 said:
    Hello,
    my cpu fan speed doesn't exceed 2700 rpm and my cpu temperature goes on increasing. i am alread using SpeedFan s/w but it doesn't giving satisfactory performance.
    plz give me some solution to increase cpu speed further.
    thank you

Go for a fan controller (choice from manual knobs to touch panels)......... you could control up to 6 fans in some models..........
  6. abully said:
    Go for a fan controller (choice from manual knobs to touch panels)......... you could control up to 6 fans in some models..........

Dont get a fan controller for your CPU FAN if you remove the CPU FAN connector from the Mobo the board may not boot. Also sounds like 2700 is his max RPM and a fan controller would not help. He will have to buy a new HSF.
  7. if you not happy with you current fans speed and cooling efficiency sounds like it might be time for a new CUP cooler.

how would you say your case's ventilation is?? like over all air flow wise? How long has it been since you cleaned it thoroughly for dust??
  8. RPM 2700...? in OC all fan run 2000~2200 max
    except AMD Phenom stock Cooling untill 6000 RPM wow very noise
    check your temp if under 65*C all it Ok for long time, forget HSF... it cause stress
  9. You can in fact use a fan controller without problems. All you need to do is enter bios setup and set cpu fan to disabled/ignore. I use a fan controller for my CPU, intake and exhaust fans, and it works great. Can easily turn it up or down depending on if I want silent operation or need extra cooling.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks CPUs Fan Speed Overclocking