jyparkcan

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I'm planning on buying a new HD4850 and I was wondering if I will be able to manage good frame rates with max details.
I will be running at 1280x1024 and I don't care really all that much about AA/AF as long as the options are high and fps is smooth enough.
Also, I constantly use the space bar to change the view angle to look at units in various angles. Will that drop the fps a LOT?
I believe SC is smoothly playable now, because from what I have seen from Youtube videos the motion is very smooth.
Or maybe should I spend a lil bit more and get the HD4870... is it worth the extra cost? (the cheaper the better for me, I'm on budget)

Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Yeah, SupCom relies much more heavily on the CPU than the GPU. What CPU do you have? If I remember correctly during benchmarks around its launch, it was nearly impossible to get smooth framerates with 7 CPU-controlled players without a quad-core.

jyparkcan

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
eh, I currently have a Phenom x3 8400 stock.
I'll usually be playing 2v2 or 3v3 matches on maps not too big...
Should I really upgrade to a quad-core?
But the mobo only supports phenoms up to 9600, and I don't want to change the mobo just yet..
I played 2v2 matches with a LOT of units and I think it didn't slow down as much as I thought, at least the fps was consistent enough.
Yeah, I think I'm getting the HD4850 anyways lol.