3796Nate

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Hello,
I am starting a small coffee shop and am implimenting a POS system. I will be processing credit cards through the POS and have to use a VPN to be PCI compliant for remote access. I also want a website that customers can place orders through with their mobile devices or regular pc's. The problem is that I have absolutly no experience with this and am out of time and can't afford professional installation. I would appreciate it if someone could guide me down the best route for accomplishing this. I have tried to research myself but like I said, I am totally overwhelmed with everything I have going on. Would I absolutly have to have a server to run everything or can I get away without a server to use the VPN?

I am also going to eventually have webcams and would like to be able to monitor them from my PDA. Please let me know if I am going to be better off in the long run to have a server now, rather than wait till later and have to change the infrastructure down the road.

Thank you for your help,

Nate

JustAGuy51

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
You need to set up VPN concentrator in your coffee shop for POS terminals. This is IPSec VPN tunnels. The cameras will also be remotely viewable through the concentrator.

For online ordering, you need to set up a web server with SSL enabled